Old drive in update with pics 2nd trip

I have had some great success. Generally there's a playground or play area right below and in front of the screen. That's where you want to start.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just got back after 4 hrs and i have a headache. There is so much trash the nox was going crazy. There are 3 screens and i checked all of them found 11 wheaties and 8.75 in quarters 2.10 in dimes and some copper pennies a remington pocket knife and the usual trash . Started heading back to my car bumed i couldn't find any silver so i checked the little grass strip where i parked and got a 31 - 32 only reading a couple inches 57 GW . I'm sure there is more so next time i will take the 6 in coil.

Just got back after 4 hrs and i have a headache. There is so much trash the nox was going crazy. There are 3 screens and i checked all of them found 11 wheaties and 8.75 in quarters 2.10 in dimes and some copper pennies a remington pocket knife and the usual trash . Started heading back to my car bumed i couldn't find any silver so i checked the little grass strip where i parked and got a 31 - 32 only reading a couple inches 57 GW . I'm sure there is more so next time i will take the 6 in coil.

Not bad, congrats !!!! …..though I can appreciate you expecting more silver with the place having opened in 1947, maybe someone detected there years ago ?

3 screens ? Drive ins I remember as a kid had just one screen.

Not bad, congrats !!!! …..though I can appreciate you expecting more silver with the place having opened in 1947, maybe someone detected there years ago ?

3 screens ? Drive ins I remember as a kid had just one screen.

Thanks. Definitely going back with the 6 in coil. I have run iron bias at 0 since i bought it and never notched anything out but maybe it is time with all the trash in there.

I remember the drive-in movie discussion here from a couple years ago, or so. Lots of trash, but lots of coins & stuff too.
I think the six will be a good choice. You might want to drop sensitivity a bit too, just enough to calm some of the noise, but not so much you lose coin signals.
Another thought is that this might be a good candidate for a good coinshoot program; notching out, or reducing volume on everything else?? I haven't tried this myself yet, but a good coin-and-trash-rich location would make me want to try it.

I remember the drive-in movie discussion here from a couple years ago, or so. Lots of trash, but lots of coins & stuff too.
I think the six will be a good choice. You might want to drop sensitivity a bit too, just enough to calm some of the noise, but not so much you lose coin signals.
Another thought is that this might be a good candidate for a good coinshoot program; notching out, or reducing volume on everything else?? I haven't tried this myself yet, but a good coin-and-trash-rich location would make me want to try it.

I took your advice on trying some notching things out and BINGO did it ever work in that trash infested place . Thank you for the suggestion. I updated with pics

Just checked your updated first post - WOW ! :shock: Congrats ! ::thumbsup:

…...all that from just 3 rows ! and you said "About 20 plus rows to go yet"

…...looking forward to seeing the totals after it's completed ! …….you might need a bigger finds pouch ! :lol:

That is some very intense and productive hunting Mike. Rumor has it you would drop you pants for some quarters. :D One very strong outing and still a very long way to go. Double digit Silver on a hunt from this day forward will be known as Yooper Hunts.:yes: Congrats my friend on making the adjustment and making that ground pay. Trapper

I took your advice on trying some notching things out and BINGO did it ever work in that trash infested place . Thank you for the suggestion. I updated with pics

Yayuh! Man, that's some good hunting! All that silver, and MEGACLADtoo! Probably plenty more lying around in the rest of the rows, too! And after you pick all the coins out, you can go back for the gold. They say it's like a thousand pulltabs to one gold ring, so you'll have plenty of work to do. :lol: Get crackin! :lol:

Major congrats on the 100 silvers too!

Just checked your updated first post - WOW ! :shock: Congrats ! ::thumbsup:

…...all that from just 3 rows ! and you said "About 20 plus rows to go yet"

…...looking forward to seeing the totals after it's completed ! …….you might need a bigger finds pouch ! :lol:
Thaank you . Yes lots of rows yet to go so i am hoping for some more silver for sure.

That is some very intense and productive hunting Mike. Rumor has it you would drop you pants for some quarters. :D One very strong outing and still a very long way to go. Double digit Silver on a hunt from this day forward will be known as Yooper Hunts.:yes: Congrats my friend on making the adjustment and making that ground pay. Trapper

Well i didn't wear my finds pouch today because I was gonna go try out this notching thing with the nox so i figured i wouldn't be there long plus told the wife i wouldn't be gone long (oops) so i just started stuffing in my back pocket. Thank god no one was around because all the coins had them uncomfortably low:laughing: Heck if someone would've seen me they would've thought i was from the hood:laughing: So i had a Yooper great day. 100 silvers and plenty of time to get more . Thanks Trapper.

Yayuh! Man, that's some good hunting! All that silver, and MEGACLADtoo! Probably plenty more lying around in the rest of the rows, too! And after you pick all the coins out, you can go back for the gold. They say it's like a thousand pulltabs to one gold ring, so you'll have plenty of work to do. :lol: Get crackin! :lol:

Major congrats on the 100 silvers too!

Definitely a productive hunt and a ton of ground to cover yet. Most coins were less than 2 inches deep . It's all pea gravel with very little dirt. Thanks again.

Fun play-by-play report. I never get tired of mercury dimes. This type site is what the hobby is all about !

Did you wonder where the silver quarters are? Class key necklace maybe? Or tried notching all out BUT nickels? Might be interesting. I do the latter with an ATPro and get surprised. That's great finds. I would just hammer that place for years like I do an old swimming hole . Never have cleaned it out. Never will. HH Carey.

Did you wonder where the silver quarters are? Class key necklace maybe? Or tried notching all out BUT nickels? Might be interesting. I do the latter with an ATPro and get surprised. That's great finds. I would just hammer that place for years like I do an old swimming hole . Never have cleaned it out. Never will. HH Carey.
I am definitely going to play with some different settings to see what i can come up with. Thanks for looking. Mike

Back
Top Bottom