Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 09-21-2020, 06:36 AM
Quality Control Expert

I havent seen rocks for nearly 10 years down here. Everything got filled in then they did the re-nourishments. After a few targets in those rocks id have to take a lunch break. Even kicking wet sand in here ive had calve issues. Straining those mussels rarely used i guess. Nice finds.... well deserved.

Dew Meeker

Old 09-21-2020, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dewcon View post
I havent seen rocks for nearly 10 years down here. Everything got filled in then they did the re-nourishments. After a few targets in those rocks id have to take a lunch break. Even kicking wet sand in here ive had calve issues. Straining those mussels rarely used i guess. Nice finds.... well deserved.

You see Dew... no one likes hunting those spots.. everyone loves the clean sandy beaches.. I choose to hunt the harder spots because most won't... scoops are replaceable... I beat the crud out of my scoops.. if that is where the old gold and silver is... that is where I will be hunting...

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 987

Old 09-21-2020, 07:15 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
This is what I predict your hunt will look like
That's a given. Where's the plated junk to keep this thread going another 6 months ?🤣

Old 09-21-2020, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rock Jock View post
Sound a bit like raking clams, an old NE favorite pastime!
I have clammed for years using bare hands, pitch forks, 15 foot long tongs, and a bull rakes... the bull rake was the worst

Your previous question... most of targets were deep they had to be for others to miss them I only heard them in PP mode... there is still tons of targets there but Covid stopped me from going back after they closed the beaches to everyone... I'm hoping they remain open this winter or I will need to find a new hobby

Founding Member of RingKeepers

Banned Spammers 987

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:33 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up Nice spin

With a great scoop

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt

Old 09-22-2020, 10:35 AM
Supporter

Looks like a lot of work but I'll bet it was still a fun hunt- congrats on all the oldies and silver. Earlier this year I hunted a drained lake that looked a lot like that beach of yours. Lots of targets in the rocks so I agree that many people don't want to hunt there.