Gold today !

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
Went to an old spot I hadn't hunted in years . I noticed some old thick shrubbery had been removed . It had always been junk laden and all I ever got out of there were small amounts of clad . Pretty much as it was today
but at least today I found a bit of gold . I did two separate hunts there today
hunt #1 was with my Nox600 and hunt 2 was with my M6 . Both detectors performed admirably .The silver appearing Mother Mary medallion is not really silver but a cheap alloy called German silver . I have one that's identical to it ( around here somewhere ) that I found several years ago which is much more
oxidized .The blue tipped object is part of a hash pipe .One lone wheat was found on hunt #1 and lots of garbage on both hunts .The gold medallion rang up as a 10 consistently from all directions it had a nice gentle even tone just like the tails from beavertail tabs have when they are pulled off ( those usually ring in at 11 for me ) . All in all , I had a little fun today .:D

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_1630.jpg
    IMG_1630.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 843
  • IMG_1631.jpg
    IMG_1631.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_1633.jpg
    IMG_1633.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 786
Congrats on the gold and a fine outing. I have dug several of those Miraculous Mary medals and only 1 that was sterling. Still a cool find. HH Mark

Some pretty nice digging Doc with both machines. Congrats on putting some Gold in your coffers. That is one thing I really have a tough time doing. Only have dug maybe a half dozen Gold items in my 10 years in this hobby. Trapper

Congrats on the gold and a fine outing. I have dug several of those Miraculous Mary medals and only 1 that was sterling. Still a cool find. HH Mark

Thanks Mark , congrats on finding a sterling one .

Some pretty nice digging Doc with both machines. Congrats on putting some Gold in your coffers. That is one thing I really have a tough time doing. Only have dug maybe a half dozen Gold items in my 10 years in this hobby. Trapper

Thanks Trapper , I used to dig gold with more frequency but it's getting a lot scarcer nowadays .

Nice Goldie!

This was at an old park we had discussed . I hadn't been there in ages but I was desperate for a place to go . I left at 4:00 pm , that's when the thugs started arriving .

Congrats on the nice piece of gold. It's always nice seeing shrubs removed in a park.

Yes it is Jason , it just doesn't happen often enough for me .

Mice little bit of gold congrats!!

Thanks Gale , it's nice when it's real and not plated .

Nice finds. Can't beat digging a little Gold that is for sure. Congrats!

Thanks Silver King , I really didn't expect to find anything but a couple of clad coins (if I was lucky ) . I was pleasantly surprised .

nice finds there.Congratulations!

Thank you crazydigger :D

what a wonderful find you have .

Thank you Pastor :yes:

Congrats on that gold and it sounds like you fun mixing it up [emoji106]

Lotsa fun Mike :D

That looks like a great day out to me 😎🏆

Thank you DetecTom , a great day indeed :yes:

Congrats on the nice assortment of finds!

Thanks JAK I also had a not so nice assortment of junk too (not pictured ) :lol:

I cannot make out the numbers on the back of that gold medallion.
Does it say 80% AU ??

I'm pretty sure the top is stamped 80% , the bottom markings may be AU but are too weakly struck for me to tell . :?:

Way to spot an opportunity with the removal of that hedge line .

Love that gold. Big congratulations.
HH.
,Dew

Thanks Dew , There are getting to be less and less places to hunt in my areas so when a new , unexpected opportunity pops up I try to milk it for all it's worth . I've been very lucky to have found a couple of such spots lately .:yes:

Happy hunting and all the best ,
George

Nice job pulling out those two medallions, Soil Surgeon! Especially great to see gold - all the religious medals I’ve found so far have all been junk metal. Good hunting!

Nice job pulling out those two medallions, Soil Surgeon! Especially great to see gold - all the religious medals I’ve found so far have all been junk metal. Good hunting!

Thanks AT , Most of my religious medals have not been of quality metals either
but over the years I've found a few good ones . This is one of my better gold ones . Good hunting to you and have a great Thanksgiving .

Back
Top Bottom