Best Metal Detector for Wet Sand & Salt Water

LostNowFound

Regardless of the cost, what would be the very best metal detector for hunting at the beach on wet sand in a foot or two in the salt water?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

yo L

From the land of the Bluenose.....my only comment on that loaded question me bouy would be a pulse induction model! Good luck with whatever you choose!

In NJ you're going to want something that can discrim. Excal II. Lots of iron around these parts!

No doubt in my mind it is the Goldquest Aquasearch, for the parameters you mentioned (cost no issue, wet sand up to a few feet of water)......outside of this area, say deeper water or dry sand, there are machines that make more sense.......Jerry

If you are only going to have one beach detector I would go for a VLF, probably a Minelab Sovereign or Excalibur. The biggest difference is the Excalibur is waterproof while the Sovereign is not.

If your current detector can do a decent job at the beach (i.e. isn't falsing all the time), or you can get two detectors, then you probably want a White's Dual PI. I strongly recommend against a PI as your only beach detector unless you are positive you will only visit iron free beaches. I find that digging dozens and dozens of nails on an iron infested beach counteracts any of the benefits the PI would bring to the table. But, on a beach where there is little or no iron junk you will be mostly digging good targets and the extra depth will make up for the loss of discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom