FBI stole the gold

Yup! The top had aluminum foil on it and they took about 30 minutes to cook! Microwave ovens have spoiled us. I get really annoyed now if any frozen dinner takes longer than 5 minutes to heat up!

:lol: …...it's amazing how much we depend on microwaves to even just reheat food, imagine if we still had to use the regular oven or stove every time we simply wanted to reheat leftovers :impatient: :lol:

Yup! The top had aluminum foil on it and they took about 30 minutes to cook! Microwave ovens have spoiled us. I get really annoyed now if any frozen dinner takes longer than 5 minutes to heat up!

Well, microwave ovens have actually been around since the 1940s (industrial/commercial use). But not sold @ private/residential usage (at least not commonly) till the very late 1960s. And even then-so, not widely till the early 1970s I think.

I remember , as a 10 or 11-ish yr. old kid, in the early 1970s, we were among the first on our block, to get a microwave oven. The other neighbor kids came over to our house, to witness a cup of water being boiled in 1 minute ! They were spell-bound, that you could put your hand inside the interior afterwards, and it wasn't blazing hot sides ! :laughing:

I'm also old enough (at 57) to remember when some kid brought the first hand-held calculator to grade school classroom, that I'd ever seen. All the kids in the classroom gathered around his desk, to see him add 2+2=4. In the glowing red display digit #'s. We were amazed !

Plus, on the early LED calculators, you could spell "Boobies" just by using the numerical buttons creatively!...Much to the merriment of about everyone! :laughing: Who cares about math when a guy can type naughty?

Plus, on the early LED calculators, you could spell "Boobies" just by using the numerical buttons creatively!...Much to the merriment of about everyone! :laughing: Who cares about math when a guy can type naughty?

Oh my gosh, you have UTTERLY dated yourself to nearing 60, if not over ! The only thing I remember that some kid learned to spell, was "shell oil", if you turned the LED display upside down. I guess we weren't precocious enough to learn to spell "boobies" with them. Shame on you puppy-mud ! :wow:

Well, microwave ovens have actually been around since the 1940s (industrial/commercial use). But not sold @ private/residential usage (at least not commonly) till the very late 1960s. And even then-so, not widely till the early 1970s I think.

I remember , as a 10 or 11-ish yr. old kid, in the early 1970s, we were among the first on our block, to get a microwave oven. The other neighbor kids came over to our house, to witness a cup of water being boiled in 1 minute ! They were spell-bound, that you could put your hand inside the interior afterwards, and it wasn't blazing hot sides ! :laughing:

I'm also old enough (at 57) to remember when some kid brought the first hand-held calculator to grade school classroom, that I'd ever seen. All the kids in the classroom gathered around his desk, to see him add 2+2=4. In the glowing red display digit #'s. We were amazed !

I still have my red LED calculator from Radio Shack around the house somewhere and it should still work though it's likely over 40 years old,
I'll have to find it and try it out.

It looked like this, and this might be the actual model -
red_led_calculator.jpg

Oh man, I think it is a really bad sign that while reading these posts I'm remembering everything, or at least I think I am remembering, I can't remember.:laughing:

I still have my red LED calculator from Radio Shack around the house somewhere and it should still work though it's likely over 40 years old,

I'll have to find it and try it out.

It looked like this, and this might be the actual model -

View attachment 426491

Type 7734 and flip it upside down

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Type 7734 and flip it upside down

Have to hunt for it first when I get a chance, been busy, I'll likely find other little odds and ends I stored away from decades ago also :lol:

Have to hunt for it first when I get a chance, been busy, I'll likely find other little odds and ends I stored away from decades ago also :lol:

That’s always fun, your like wow I loved this thing... then your wife’s like, you haven’t seen it in years.... yeah, your point? Lol

I was a junior in college, studying EE, when HP came out with the HP-35, the world's first scientific calculator, which retailed for $395. This was out of the reach of most of us, so to keep tests fair, they were forbidden to be used during tests. Everyone had to use their slide rules and or a book of tables.

HP_35_Calculator.jpg

I was a junior in college, studying EE, when HP came out with the HP-35, the world's first scientific calculator, which retailed for $395. This was out of the reach of most of us, so to keep tests fair, they were forbidden to be used during tests. Everyone had to use their slide rules and or a book of tables.

HP_35_Calculator.jpg

Oh no, SLIDE RULES ? Then yer on the side of 60, if you remember those :laughing:

As for that H.P. calculator you show here : Yes, I believe that's the one the kid brought to grade school for show & tell. His father's office had issued his dad one for work. And the dad let the kid bring it to school to show. And yes, they were prohibitively expensive ($395 was a LOT in the early 1970s !).

Strangely ....... within a few years, by the late 1970s, they were giving away smaller, faster, and better calculators, free with a fill-up of gas, or free with your breakfast cereal, etc..... Crazy how fast things evolved. Today's kids (anyone mid 30s or younger) can never remember not having cell-phones, 'puters, etc....

I was a junior in college, studying EE, when HP came out with the HP-35, the world's first scientific calculator, which retailed for $395. This was out of the reach of most of us, so to keep tests fair, they were forbidden to be used during tests.
Everyone had to use their slide rules and or a book of tables.

Oh no, SLIDE RULES ? Then yer on the side of 60, if you remember those :laughing:

As for that H.P. calculator you show here : Yes, I believe that's the one the kid brought to grade school for show & tell. His father's office had issued his dad one for work. And the dad let the kid bring it to school to show. And yes, they were prohibitively expensive ($395 was a LOT in the early 1970s !).

Strangely ....... within a few years, by the late 1970s, they were giving away smaller, faster, and better calculators, free with a fill-up of gas, or free with your breakfast cereal, etc..... Crazy how fast things evolved. Today's kids (anyone mid 30s or younger) can never remember not having cell-phones, 'puters, etc....

…….just reminded me, I still have my old slide rule from when I went to advanced electronics school in the Navy, another old "collectable" I'll need to find around the house :lol:

Today young people can not add, substract divide without a calculator. Can not make change if your bill is $4.75 and you give them a 5 dollar bill.
They depend totally on electronics.

I'm way past "the side of 60" Tom. :lol:

I remember taking my Globe Log Log metal slide rule on a flight to visit my in-laws. I was planning on giving it to my nephew, to interest him in a career in EE. Being metal and oddly shaped, the young TSA girl manning the Xray machine, pulled it out of my brief case and asked what it was. She thought it might have been a weapon of sorts. I explained to her that, in the days before calculators, engineers used them to make calculations. I showed her how to multiply 2 X 2 on it and she said "Wow! Far out!" and let me go through the security checkpoint. :yes:

We sure have seen a lot of changes in our Lifetime! I spend a lot of time up at the Nursing home, and some of the Oldsters there were born nearly 100yrs ago! Amazing stories if a guy takes the time to listen!

...In fact, My Mother in Law will be 100 in January...My Grandma lived to 103, and she still carried the old Colt .38 pistol that was her Fathers when he was a cop in the 30's!

My Great Uncle Chuck used to tell me stories about Life during the Depression...Said his Mother would trade eggs and give him 3 .22 shells for Christmas...He was 13yrs old....said he was expected to crawl out into the swamp/estuary and kill 3 deer!....He built his own wooden boat out of cast off lumberyard slabs and had to pole it upriver..there was no such thing as outboard motors or flashlights or UnderArmour clothing....

So he would push that damned boat upriver at night, find a trail, settle in and wait..Said he would put that pill right behind the ear...said it wasnt any fun, it was a matter of survival....

We take the simplest things for granted..like 'instant on' lighting, gas heat, air conditioning, indoor plumbing and driving a car down to the McDonalds...!...

Its fascinating to talk to an Oldster! Get them on a subject and let them roll and tell their Life memories!...Its like "Little Big Man"...40yrs ago, talking to my Great Uncle Chuck, His stories made an impact on my young Life.........I never looked at a simple .22 shell or outboard motors the same since then...

Well, Now we are the Oldsters! Talking about doing math in our head and slide rules and whatnot! :laughing:

To really blow your mind, think about how many skills, effort and energy you would need to make a basic cheeseburger from scratch 100 yrs ago! Like back in the 20's!? With no Monsanto?

First, you would need to grow the grain for the bun, be able to harvest and mill it and produce bread over a wood fired oven...! Thats just the bun! Then, you need to be able to raise and slaughter and grind the beef patty! Also make cheese?! You want lettuce and tomatoes? Sesame seeds? Pickles? Mustard and Ketchup? Bacon? Straw and paper napkins? Little packages of pepper and FREE salt?

Monumental! Impossible! Then the guy says he wants fries and a rootbeer with ice in it? Digger please! I gotta dig up and boil down Sassafras roots? Saw blocks of ice out of the Lake and chip them up special? Grow and cut up potatoes into fries? I'll need to raise hogs for the lard!

OK! Heres your order! That will be $1000! :laughing: Since I went to all this trouble, you wanna Supersize that?

Now a days we can pull into any fast food drive through and get the same exact deal for about $5! Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe...

Yes, a cheap Cheeseburger basket is the epitome of Mankinds advancement over Nature...try making one yourself though, year round...for $5! Then, some Canadian sumbitch wants mayo! So now I'm dealing with chickens too?! Damn!:laughing:

Its impossible! Just try making a paper napkin for starters...:laughing:

Last edited:
Hey Guys, how about that FBI stolen gold?!!?! ;):p:D

Yes, the gold that no one's ever seen. And/or those that say "I never said I didn't see it", has 10+ come-&-gone deadlines, where "earth-shattering news was going to be released on such & such a date". But alas, nothing but claims, no gold to be seen etc...

But will that ever mean "no gold" ? OF COURSE NOT. It's just simply ALL THE MORE PROOF THAT THE FBI STOLE IT. Lest .... how ELSE could we "not be seeing it", if it wasn't stolen ? Perfect logical sense. :laughing:

Hey Guys, how about that FBI stolen gold?!!?! ;):p:D
He's talking about a book and movie deal on the other site. Guess he's getting rich on the deal and he didn't even find anything! What a scam!

He'd better be careful or he will end up on the news for committing fraud. Claiming to have found treasure and then getting people to invest in the fictional "find" could be considered fraudulent activity. Someone may have already reported him to the PA attorney general's office about his bogus claim. If they look into it, he'd have to show tangible evidence of the "found" treasure or end up in jail.

He's talking about a book and movie deal on the other site. Guess he's getting rich on the deal and he didn't even find anything! What a scam!...

It worked for Oak Island, so why couldn't it work for Dents Run ? :newidea:

.... Claiming to have found treasure and then getting people to invest in the fictional "find" could be considered fraudulent activity......

AAaaahhh, but here's where you're not understanding their use of the past-tense word "found". In their mind's eyes: They've "found" (past tense) a treasure, if they have a cryptogram map, a legend, etc... And are convinced they've narrowed it down to a certain cave, or certain meadow, or certain canyon or lake bottom. That means they've "found" it. It's only a matter of overcoming govt. red-tape, chasing down those who must've stolen it, getting equipment that can detect 50 ft. deep. But rest assured, they "found" it, right ? :gettinmoney:

Back
Top Bottom