I thought I finally found gold...nope

predrunner

Forum Supporter
Well I decided to hunt a town about 15 miles South of me. My wife was going shipping and had her drop me off at a school. I didn't know what to expect because there is a MD store in this town and figured it got pounded. I realized quickly that there were plenty of targets to be had. I got a real nice low time and thought for sure I had a nickel. In the plug I saw a gold ring and was about to start doing cartwheels but once I got it out of the hole saw the cheaply made ring stamped India. Oh well it was still fun to dig. I also dug an old tank that is broken but still near.

I will definitely be going back because for one time in my life I told my wife she shopped way to fast and I wish she had gone slower so I could have detected longer.

uploadfromtaptalk1404664262194.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Nice job. Don't discount the stuff made in India too much. They are very much into gold jewelry. Have seen news stories about that very subject.

HH,

Papa

You aren't kidding! For a shop to be in town you picked up a bunch of clad. Good job

Can you post close ups of the ring? Even if it is fake it looks like a fairly nice ring. Nice finds!

It's hard for me to get a good pic. I need a better camera but this is about as good as it gets.

Attachments

• IMG_8902.jpg
    IMG_8902.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 121
In India they are not allowed to wear anything under 18k Gold. If it is a fake and I don't think it is, the only way is someone was selling some fake stuff in America. Eastern India takes pride in their gold. I could be wrong. It is worth looking into. Another fact about Indian Gold, The color is ugly. It's not like Italia Gold. Good Luck and HH.

A simple test. Throw it in some bleach. If it's fake, u will know. Just don't do this test if u want to keep the ring even if it's fake. The bleach will ruin it if it's fake.

I agree that the ring does look like it could very well be real. Especially with the number it read!

Back
Top Bottom