Upstate New York Farmfield Hunting

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Spent the morning near Kingston, New York, the gateway to the Catskill Mountains, and home to American history dating back to before there was an America! I met up with two new detecting buddies, Frank and his Son Eric, who are very experiened relic, coin and button hunters from Kingston. They took me to a field that had just been harvested (corn), and we dove in! We hunted from about 9am - till 1pm, and called it a day in the 90-degree heat and high humidity. Frank found a musketball and and old copper - he thinks it may be another "Vermont," and Eric came up with an Indian arrowhead, or point! As for me, lots of old New York iron, an old rivet, a mystery object, two shotgun shells, couple of bullets, and two priceless new detecting buddies! In the last photo, I'm holding some buttons and coppers that came out of another cornfield nearby, found by Frank and Eric. A great first-time experience! :cool:

Attachments

• u1.jpg
    u1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 576
  • u2.jpg
    u2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 559
  • u3.jpg
    u3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 574
  • u4.jpg
    u4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 559
  • u5.jpg
    u5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 576
Nice finds. Right near my alma mater, Marist College up in Po-town.

20 year reunion is on 9/24 and 25. Might just be up that way if my flight doesn't get in too late the night of the 23rd. Been wanting to get back up that way with my wife and kids.

Back
Top Bottom