Old houses?

Good point. Most people have parties in the backyard and tons of cans and everything were dropped. Doesn't mean they aren't good cans if it is an old house. The front is great though because it is where people meet, and drop old coins.

around big trees

the line from the kitchen to the old well (if it had an old well)

around the front porch

around any entrances

under old clotheslines

between parking areas and entrances

those are a few!

Thanks for the tips guys! Can't get under the porch, lol. The house I did was built in the 1800s. Found trash, a couple pennies and one dime. Nothing old though.

Last old house I got to play at had just been demolished. Out front door and towards old trees is where I dug the 191?wheat and the 1929S wheat. 191? Is damaged so can't read last number. Found 1936 license plate at top of hill by street. I think people sitting on the slopes lose money out pockets more easily than other means, just a hunch.

I thought the same thing while detecting under where bleachers sat. All I found was trash. It seems they dropped their trash down there more than anything else...

Hunting Old Houses and Farm Houses

Check my post HERE for a list of suggestions, and check out Dan Hughes podcast, The Treasure Corner, especially episodes ...
  • 008-081211 In the Treasure Corner - Hunting Yards
  • 030-091015 In the Treasure Corner - Log Cabins and Old Farmhouses
  • 031-091029 In the Treasure Corner - Finding Caches
  • 034-091210 In the Treasure Corner - Relics

Just to name a few.

I like the corners where the sidewalk to the front porch meets the street sidewalk, the sides of the front stairs, and between the porch and the driveway. Look for remnants of an old driveway, check to see if any breaks in the curb are signs of that or former sidewalks. Places where stumps were removed. You really should grid it out, but it is a good idea to try high percentage spots, incase you get interrupted...

Along the street is supposed to be the best because that is where the horses were parked, but I think all the sidewalk strips were clean out around here.

Back
Top Bottom