( Updated Again ) ITS ABOUT TIME!! Miami Police Officer Caught Driving 120 mph!!

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Its about time these cops start getting fined for breaking the laws! I'm tired of some of these cops using there authority and getting away with things! There suppose to show an example! Not break them! This state trooper shows no remorse for this other cop!

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- A city of Miami police officer was caught driving 120 mph and a Florida Highway Patrol trooper followed him for several minutes before issuing him a ticket, said FHP.

Read story and watch video here!

http://www.local10.com/news/29619059/detail.html

UPDATED!!!

http://www.local10.com/news/29643842/detail.html

Last edited:
How many times has the police had a unnecessary high speed chase and killed an innocent person or persons, thats right too many. Crack down on the bad cops!!!!

Reminded me about what I heard on the radio the other day although off subject. A young fella was arrested for killing a 90 year old woman and sent to Attica prison here in N.Y. a nasty prison so I hear (not that any of them are nice). He was there for 5.5 years and got another hearing, it lasted about 2 minutes and he was returned to prison for life. A number of years later he got another trial and not sure what the details were but all he had to do was to sign a paper and he would of been a free man, he said no, I didn't do the crime & am not signing anything. 26 years later thats right 26 long years they found out that he was not guilty and freed him. I think the arresting officer/officers,the judge,the jury and everyone else involved ought to go to prison for a minimum of 1 year. Can you imagine 26 years of your life behind bars for something you did not do. Stories like these make me want to toss a hammer at the tv when them court type shows are on, I would rather sit and listen to Nancy Grace using a Ace 250 than listening to A judge on tv.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 277
How many times has the police had a unnecessary high speed chase and killed an innocent person or persons, thats right too many. Crack down on the bad cops!!!!

Reminded me about what I heard on the radio the other day although off subject. A young fella was arrested for killing a 90 year old woman and sent to Attica prison here in N.Y. a nasty prison so I hear (not that any of them are nice). He was there for 5.5 years and got another hearing, it lasted about 2 minutes and he was returned to prison for life. A number of years later he got another trial and not sure what the details were but all he had to do was to sign a paper and he would of been a free man, he said no, I didn't do the crime & am not signing anything. 26 years later thats right 26 long years they found out that he was not guilty and freed him. I think the arresting officer/officers,the judge,the jury and everyone else involved ought to go to prison for a minimum of 1 year. Can you imagine 26 years of your life behind bars for something you did not do. Stories like these make me want to toss a hammer at the tv when them court type shows are on, I would rather sit and listen to Nancy Grace using a Ace 250 than listening to A judge on tv.

I saw something like this a few weeks ago about a guy that was accused of some crazy things and was sentenced to prison for life. Well guess what 35 years later he was freed due to a DNA test that confirmed him being not guilty! Why the heck didn't they do a DNA testing years earlier??? That kinda stuff makes me mad!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3446709...fla-man-after-years-behind-bars/#.Tq7IAZyAO7Y

JB, you said using his authority, the proper phrase is abusing his authority. Kudos to that FHP officer.

The cop said he didn't even see her when what he really meant was "I didn't think you'd pull me over in my cruiser."

There are bad apples in every bunch and it makes it even worse when that bunch is law enforcement. That cop is probably looking for another job right now...I hope.

I guess the good ole boys doesn't apply when it's a girl. :yes: She did exactly what she should have done.

I get mad when I see officers in uniform breaking the traffic laws in their personal vehicles and will report them if I can get the license number for what ever good that does.

As far as the poster who suggested that everyone including the jury and attorneys involved in a wrongful conviction be sent to jail you might as well just let everyone go without a trial. The attorneys and the jury have to do the best they can with the evidence they have. If it can be proved that the police knowingly provided false evidence they should be charged.

Remember that DNA is a fairly new tool and was not always available. Even today DNA evidence is not always found for many reasons including time from the commission of the crime until discovery of the evidence. The lack of DNA should not automatically result in acquittal if the other evidence shows guilt. Some people are watching to many CSI TV shows. Entrainment maybe but not the real world.

He was endangering others on the road and an officer with common sense did something about it. Well done!:yes:

A good friend of mine who is a police officer did the same thing to a fellow officer who was off duty. The guy was speeding and I guess he thought it was ok because he was an officer. My friend told him that the badge is not a get out jail free card and told him he should be setting examples not breaking rules. Wrote him up a nice one and not long after that the guy was fired for another reason.

To bad that people can't take pride in anything and think they can get away with everything..

Like every profession, there are always those who abuse their authority and give the others a bad name. Let's be careful not to paint all law enforcement with this brush. The vast majority are there, literally, to protect and serve.

In this case, it seems that he is getting off pretty easy with a reckless driving citation. Wouldn't 120 mph be considered reckless endangerment? (I am no expert, but that's what I heard from a policeman once. He said that after a certain point, excessive speed becomes reckless endangerment, which is a felony. I know there are some policemen on this forum, so maybe you can validate or invalidate that.)

So.... In the video I saw, speeding, reckless driving (swerving between lanes without signaling), failure to stop or evading an officer, and (maybe) reckless endangerment. Seems like this guy should lose his job and maybe do some time.

Kudos to the Trooper who stopped him before someone got hurt.
-Mike-

HAHAHAH. I love that. She told that moron. He was being such an arrogant jerk. Glad she was yelling at him and pointed her gun at him. Woo hoo. Nice video.

Good for her.I feel the Police should be held to a higher standard.They enforce the law on us so they should know better.I have a CDL drivers license in NY and along with that license if I take a breathalizer test I have a lower blood alcohol limit than anyone with a basic drivers license.If I fail I loose my license and job for at least a year.If they can hold me to a higher standard I think they should be held to an even higher standard.There are too many police officers abusing their power and that's why so many people hate the police.Unfortunately more than likely all that will come of this is resentment and abuse from her peers. Just my 2¢.

The lack of DNA should not automatically result in acquittal if the other evidence shows guilt.

Lack of DNA does not automatically result in aquittal. People who are exonerated by DNA testing is the result of a comparison of the convicts DNA against biological evidence(blood,sperm,saliva,tissue) from the crime scene.

Lmao!

Poetic Justice. I see cops around here flying by me on the highway all the time. Makes me mad , because you will see them sitting in the woods the next day shooting the Radar gun.

Florida Highway Patrol Officers don't play! They are definitely different. :coolman:

I like her. She's a feisty one.
He also should have received an eluding charge with his reckless driving also.
I reckon he didnt realize that the more he talked, the further in doo-doo he was getting.

agree

Like every profession, there are always those who abuse their authority and give the others a bad name. Let's be careful not to paint all law enforcement with this brush. The vast majority are there, literally, to protect and serve.

In this case, it seems that he is getting off pretty easy with a reckless driving citation. Wouldn't 120 mph be considered reckless endangerment? (I am no expert, but that's what I heard from a policeman once. He said that after a certain point, excessive speed becomes reckless endangerment, which is a felony. I know there are some policemen on this forum, so maybe you can validate or invalidate that.)

So.... In the video I saw, speeding, reckless driving (swerving between lanes without signaling), failure to stop or evading an officer, and (maybe) reckless endangerment. Seems like this guy should lose his job and maybe do some time.

Kudos to the Trooper who stopped him before someone got hurt.
-Mike-

If anybody else was speeding and evading police , half the police force would be tailing them, nail strips would be put down, and every violation in the book would be thrown at them. Agree with ya

Back
Top Bottom