**Garrett AT PRO modifications**

Mr. Stroker

The pic on the left is the "Garrett Gizmo". WOW!!!! is all I can say. This product allows you to adjust the arm cup to your likings, and also helps balance out the entire unit.. I could not believe how much better the detector felt after the install!! Oh and it only took 2 mins to install. Very much worth the money! Look it up on ebay if you have an ace 150, 250, or AT PRO!!!

The pic on the right is another must have for any detector without a "twist cam lock" I also picked this up on ebay for very cheap, and get this... NO MORE shaft wobble!!

Needless to say Im am very happy with these new products!

-Tony

garrett gizmo.jpg

Attachments

• garrett gizmo.jpg
    garrett gizmo.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5,857
  • at pro shaft lock.jpg
    at pro shaft lock.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5,460
I have the Gizmo for my ACE 250. It absolutely makes a big improvement on the balance. Kenny did a nice job making the Gizmo. Glad you like it.

I'm very happy you both like the Gizmo! I'm working on some other things too. I also bought one of those shaft locks and it's sweet. Good hunting to you both! Now all I need to do is extend that headphone plug out the rear and my ATpro will be perfect. I better get my soldering iron out!
Kenny

Sounds/looks like Mr Garrett fell asleep at the wheel before the job was done!!

Dusty

Kinda..

$35 extra I spent was well worth it! Now im satisfied with the feel!

All in all im just at $600 after the detector, and the mods. Your right little stuff like that should be included, But then it would be $765 instead of $565.. So I will spend the $35 any day!:D

I'm very happy you both like the Gizmo! I'm working on some other things too. I also bought one of those shaft locks and it's sweet. Good hunting to you both! Now all I need to do is extend that headphone plug out the rear and my ATpro will be perfect. I better get my soldering iron out!
Kenny

Kenny, can't wait to see your other ideas. Good luck with the headphone modification. Keep us posted. Happy hunting!!!

Sounds/looks like Mr Garrett fell asleep at the wheel before the job was done!!

Dusty

Yeah, that was a detail someone overlooked. I'm sure some users aren't bothered by it but those of us with longer arms notice it more. Especially when using the larger coil.

I built my own without the added weight. I guess I got lucky on the shaft because I see no need for any modification. I have been looking at a way to improve the legs on the AT PRO.

ATMOD.jpg

Very nicely done detector! I wish we were closer so you could swing my detector. I would have never thought an extra couple of ounces on the very rear of the machine would have maid it feel so much more balanced. Don't get me wrong... I had no problems swinging it all day the way it was, but that bigger coil does make it feel a touch nose heavy.. Either way best detector for the money hands down! I can't wait to get in the water a little this summer, and not worry about dropping it ;)

Nice job Detector! If you clip a 16ft tape measure to your cuff you'll see that adding 5 ounces isn't a bad thing. So that's why I went with solid aluminum. Do you think the engineers at Garrett are all under 5ft tall to have thought the cuff was long enough? lol

Nice job Detector! If you clip a 16ft tape measure to your cuff you'll see that adding 5 ounces isn't a bad thing. So that's why I went with solid aluminum. Do you think the engineers at Garrett are all under 5ft tall to have thought the cuff was long enough? lol

:lol:

I've got one but didn't like it on my V3i or MXT PRO....Had to put spots of velcro where it mounts to keep it from turning and it also got in my way while swinging the detector, kept hitting my side.....

What would be nice would be a headphone pigtail adapter readily available for the AT PRO. That's one thing that bothers me is the fact that I can't use my ear buds or standard headphone connections with this unit. I've looked into the adapters for the other units and they're all sold out.

i think i heard somewhere that garrett will be coming out with an adaptor soon.

Back
Top Bottom