First hunt with the Gray Ghost Amphibian 2

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Working up at Tahoe today so naturally I head to party beach to break in my Gray Ghosts. First impressions, they’re waterproof, tones take time to get used to, and they could use more volume. They are fine on a beach without surf but they may get overwhelmed in the noise of surf.

The initial hunt was a success. A tungsten wedding band, St Mary pendant with diamonds, and a silver pendant with stone. Plus some clad. 213CCC97-CEA4-4EEA-B42F-CA72D8607A41.jpg

852BE944-F611-49E1-94F5-F8E2432CBC6D.jpeg

Those are the right targets for gold near by. Looks like a good time to me...

Get yourself some gel ear pads, that will help a lot on the outside noise..

Attachments

• OBN-0002 (3).jpg
    OBN-0002 (3).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 605
I was thinking of getting a pair of those headphones but my hearing isn't top notch. Even raising the volume on your detector was still too low?

I was thinking of getting a pair of those headphones but my hearing isn't top notch. Even raising the volume on your detector was still too low?

I would say the volume equals about 18 on the gray ghosts compared to the Bluetooth headset. It’s fine in quiet to semi quiet areas. If you are hunting an area with surf you might have an issue. I had the volume on my Nox at 25.

If you ever pop open several pairs of Amphibians, they already had several different versions. My girlfriends with the clear covers over the piezos with screws appear to be the loudest.

will those go on without adhesive?

No those require an adhesive to hold them on the cans. I have been using them on my Xcal with the koss headphones and they cut the outside noise considerably. They also add quite a bit of comfort to the headphones.

Waterproof headphones and Minelab detectors seems to be a continuous problem since the release of the yellow pieces of junk on the Excal.

Only what? 20 years ago. Come on......give them time.

Back
Top Bottom