Waterproof bag?

snorkel

Looking for recommendations for a waterproof bag that is large enough to hold cell phone & car keys / fob. Any to stay away from?

I do not bring my cell phone with me and I leave my car key/fob in the car. I had an inexpensive dummy key made which only opens the car door and I wear it around my neck. When I am hunting I don't want any phone calls. I'm antisocial like that! :lol:

I had got me what I thought was a waterproof bag, last year when I went to PCB, put my phone in it, it drowned the same day my detector drowned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a quart size ziplock bag. Mainly to keep any sand out. My phone is waterproof. It goes up high in my backpack. I always turn the phone off while I hunt. It's good to have on you in case of an emergency. Never had a problem.

Aquapac makes some nice little waterproof bags. I have one that perfectly fits a pack of smokes, a lighter and a steel cut copy of my car key. I leave my cell and the original car key with electronics in the car when i hunt, don't want to ruin the key if the bag leaks and do not want to be bothered by my phone during my me time...
Something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquapac-Wa...210857?hash=item340de1f269:g:x5IAAOSw99FdGPCL

No phone on the beach. Just not worth the risk. I take my fob because I can't lock my vehicle with the fob in it. So I found a solution from the surfers.

Attachments

• 20190718_145924-600x800.jpg
    20190718_145924-600x800.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
If you take anything into the water in a waterproof bag of some kind, make sure you tether it to you in some way. A string around the neck or in a zippered pocket will work. WHY? Well I have seen two such bags float away, they came out of a goodie pouch that had no zipper to keep it safe and sound. If you carry money, ID, and keys out into the water and they float away it will ruin a great day of detecting.

For me a heavy duty freezer ziplock bag is always close by, never know when there is going to be rain when riding the bike or detecting in the water.

Always leave the phone in the car and a carkey in a masterlock case locked near the towbar, like most of the surfers do.

Aquapac makes some nice little waterproof bags. I have one that perfectly fits a pack of smokes, a lighter and a steel cut copy of my car key. I leave my cell and the original car key with electronics in the car when i hunt, don't want to ruin the key if the bag leaks and do not want to be bothered by my phone during my me time...
Something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquapac-Wa...210857?hash=item340de1f269:g:x5IAAOSw99FdGPCL

aquapac….that's what I meant to say...thanks for clarifying...my bad.

:lol: i wish a had 1 a couple weeks ago when i went into the water and forgot to take my phone out of my pocket and destroyed it :(:(:(

Ill just say what a watch maker told me when he was repairing my TAG watch.... no matter the price ..... there is no such thing as waterproof.

Leave mine in the car..... and keys. Ive got a valet key. Hes right about watching anything you put in a bag..... they will float right out of a pouch. At a $1000 for a new cell phone.....ill leave mine in the car. No one wants to talk to me anyway.:laughing:

I get a surfer/beach go'er storage padlock that has a hollowed out storage area with a combo to open it up. I put my fob in the car, the key in the lock and don't even think about bringing my phone. If i want to video or photo, I use my GoPro that I keep on my hunts.

Back
Top Bottom