Watch out for that wind

SalemScott

Forum Supporter
I headed out to a beach I've hit a couple times before, getting nothing good on previous hunts. I met RogerB while there and he was kind enough to give me some pointers on things to look for when choosing an area to search. No sooner did he tell me I was on to some good targets, getting a good amount of clad, a copper earring (yes, the stones are real :roll::no::lol:) and a nice watch. I hear Pulsar is the new Rolex!:laughing: Unfortunately it's water-resistant...not proof.:p All in all, it was a great day! I met a fellow friendly forum member (turns out, we really are all friendly :yes:), found a new spot with good targets (hurray, I can stop hitting the same old beach every time) and I feel I learned a lot about my machine. I was really able to pick out certain sounds as good and bad. Bottlecaps are easy to figure out (very distinct sound) so I'm on my way to getting around this curve. Man I love this hobby!

BTW, the rings were all from previous hunts and all junk.

Tonight's soundtrack is a sweet one, please watch it. It's the students from the Aaron O'Keefe music school doing an AMAZING cover of Tool's 46 & 2!!!

P1250004.JPG

P1250005.JPG

P1250003.JPG

P1250002.JPG

P1250006.JPG

P1240002.JPG

P1240001.JPG

You can probably find out who owned the heart earring by looking for a chick with a split ear lobe.:lol:

Gold WILL happen, just hang in there.... and Oh, just when you THINK you have bottle caps figured out, you will find a Corona cap...... just remember this post when it happens!

Cliff

Um... :wow2:

I always appreciate the vids. THAT was something special.

R5

Great finds! But being a metal head I LOVED the cover! Those kids ROCK! :bowdown: :drums: :music: :fullmoon:

They should have some TV show for this kind of music instead of those other shows.

That was definitely worth the watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love they teach metal in school because frankly there isn't anything better! :cool:

yer gettin closer and closer to breakin your slump. hang in there dude!!! tomorrow is the day yer gonna bust that slump!!!
Thanks Hook, it was good talking on the phone with ya earlier. When we talk this 'yankee' has to put on my 'cajun' ears to figure out what your saying sometimes but after a few minutes I can understand everything.:laughing:

You can probably find out who owned the heart earring by looking for a chick with a split ear lobe.:lol:
I have more to say on that but this is a family friendly forum and it would probably be racist and misogynistic.;)

Gold WILL happen, just hang in there.... and Oh, just when you THINK you have bottle caps figured out, you will find a Corona cap...... just remember this post when it happens!

Cliff
I will make it a point to post about it. Thanks for the heads up.:p

Um... :wow2:

I always appreciate the vids. THAT was something special.

R5

Great finds! But being a metal head I LOVED the cover! Those kids ROCK! :bowdown: :drums: :music: :fullmoon:

They should have some TV show for this kind of music instead of those other shows.

That was definitely worth the watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love they teach metal in school because frankly there isn't anything better! :cool:
I've always loved that vid and they have lots more vids. I believe this is a private school for music but I can only imagine the future these kids have, very promising. It's funny, I actually almost put another cover song video which the guys on here would have enjoyed (maybe some girls too :D) but wasn't sure if it was appropriate. I think it is though so maybe if I get gold tomorrow I'll post it. #suspense :lol:

Nice finds!! H.H. Jim
Hi Jim, I haven't seen you lately. My usual spot is sanded in so I haven't been there as much as usual, although I've made the mistake a few times...I hate coming home with nothing but can-slaw.:mad::grin: Good hearing from you, HH.

You might want to use some electrolysis on that indian and clean it up. Looks to be in great condition... not to mention is see some awfully good color there.

Dew

I watched a bunch of those vids last night, love the Iron Maiden! Makes my wife upset because I get my electric guitar out and crank up the amp. Listening to that just makes me want to jam!

Man those kids can rock. I Love Tool. SalemScott, what are you doing hunting the beaches this time of year? Isn't it cold? Nice finds by the way.

posted by Scott: Originally Posted by Hook View Post
yer gettin closer and closer to breakin your slump. hang in there dude!!! tomorrow is the day yer gonna bust that slump!!!

Thanks Hook, it was good talking on the phone with ya earlier. When we talk this 'yankee' has to put on my 'cajun' ears to figure out what your saying sometimes but after a few minutes I can understand everything.

lmao!! ok next time we talk i'll be sure to say cawfee, and pahk so i'll sound more northern and less southern ok?:laughing::laughing:

It was great finally meeting you Scott, I'm glad my tip helped. Please leave some goodies for me :) It's a pretty good spot so let's keep it to ourselves :secret: :friends:

It was great finally meeting you Scott, I'm glad my tip helped. Please leave some goodies for me :) It's a pretty good spot so let's keep it to ourselves :secret: :friends:

Have no fear, I actually video taped the winds but chose not to post it because it had some incriminating scenery on there.:laughing: Too bad, the vid really showed how much the wind was whipping. Also, no worries, I didn't find any gold there today either.:(:lol:

Back
Top Bottom