Nice Finds Today

imalookin2

"In Memory Of"
Forum Supporter
I was digging along and got a strange sound. Out popped a nice multi tool by Gerber! Washed the sand out and oiled it and it works like new. Score 1!

Then I was digging along pulling nice sounding trash and I look down and see the sharks tooth! That is my biggest tooth so far. That shark was huge 10,000+ years ago. Score 2!

Then I was digging along still pulling nice sounding trash and I look down and see a cruddy potentiometer. Next to it I see a tiny gold looking ring laying there looking lonely. They were both in the same hole 3 inches down. So, I am thinking it is a kids brass ring so I pocket it. When I got home I saw that it has a mark inside "94 AR". I am thinking to myself "why would anyone stamp a brass ring?" So, out comes the acid. 10K tested no reaction. 14K tested no reaction. 18K tested no reaction. This baby is 18K or better. I don't have any stronger acid. :wincup: Pretty cool, it is only a size 2 1/2 and is smooth yellow like melted butter on a biscuit. I did not clean it at all, not even rinsed off. Score 3!

Good day today. The ring had been re-sized so maybe the K mark was cut out. Nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 580
Greg... did you check the outside of the band for hallmarks? It looks like 22k or better.

Greg... did you check the outside of the band for hallmarks? It looks like 22k or better.
Yes, there are no other marks. I think you are correct in that is 22K. I thought it was fake because it is so smooth. Thought it was painted until I saw a tiny dent and could see the color went all the way through. I let it sit in the 18K acid for a long time. Absolutely no reaction. Not brass. :laughing::laughing:

Very nice ring and Gerber. I got a Gerber multi last summer but yours looks fancier!! Sweet!!
Gerber makes some excellent knives. Quality stainless steel on them all. This is the suspension model. It is named after the aluminum side frame that looks like a suspension bridge. It is still very sharp. Someone is missing that! To Edit: I found out later the side frame is stainless. The short video I watched earlier was incorrect in saying the frame is aluminum. Thanks.

Last edited:
holy cow! that's a nice multi-tool. i'm about to do a write-up on reasons to carry one, in fact. i have for years.

you scored big today! :)

More Ring Pics

So you can better grasp the size of this little ring I am posting more pics. It is tiny. It is interesting that where an initial once was or where it should be, it appears to have been removed. If you look at the last photo you might be able to make out the re-size joint. It is a beautiful little ring, man look at that color.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 507
  • as.JPG
    as.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
That is a VERY good day:neat:Congratulations and good eyes too to spot that tooth.

Best looking piece of yellow I've seen in awhile....

Back
Top Bottom