Road trip....

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Me and Gold Digger decided to try somewhere else so packed up for a road trip. Worked our tails off from 7:30 Am to about 1 PM. I think i had 2 silver earrings and an odd stone one. He decided to call it a day and i wanted to continue for another hour. My arms were killing me from all the junk i had dug. I ended up digging over $6.50 in change and an unbelievable amount of floaters. After about 20 min..... bam my first small band. It was dark crusted like silver so for some reason i scratched it to see i could see the 925.... instead the crust dropped off and a nice yellow came out. Not marked but tested 10K. Then i hit the gold earring, 10K with 13 diamonds. Looked like a recent drop. Kept moving but wasnt getting anything.... not even junk now. another 20 min. and i was ready to give it up. I was happy with the finds. Next swing.... out came the small white gold 14K camolot ring. That kept me going a while longer and i hit what i thought was a SS since it wasnt marked. Got it home and was about to throw it in the ring can.... but took it outside for a closer look. The middle part seemed to show some yellow tent.... you can see it in the picture i think. I thought.... alright white gold and maybe PL. Tested 14K. Nice odd shape to it.... oh and it fits me not the wife this time. I got 15.8 grams of 14K and 5 grams of 10K for the day. Man we need another one of those Road trips Gold Digger.

Dew

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 806
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 778
Nice but I expected you to find a couple grand worth of chain. :laughing: Nice little hunt anyway. ;)

I guess you'll be raging the entire west coast soon with results like that....congratulations
on a great hunt....I really like the ring on the first digit of your index finger, looks like a mirror finish...well done!...............HH..........Bill

Great hunt Dew n GD, Did you guys go far...like east? Reason, I hear people talk about road trips and just wonder what many consider far or a resonable distants to drive and take a chance on treasure.......

I would love to have one of those bling bling chains. We've been trying havent we Gold digger? Maybe i need an Xcal with an 8" coil :laughing:

Bill.... it says camolot 14K inside it. Its heavier than it looks.

Dew

man you killed it, nice road trip, $600+ day, you two do well on your roadtrips. Iam hitting it at 4am with cdv. I hope to have as good of luck as you did, 6-8 hours or till our bodies fall apart:laughing::laughing: picking up a excal tomorrow afternoon, its nice when finds pay for detectors:yes::D:yes:...gh+hh...cliffy.

That ring looks like a "fatty" to me....I found a white gold 14K band that was wide like that one, that weighed 10.5G....it was so small I couldn't get it on my little finger....I was very pleased and surprised at the weight....

What a rockin day to find all those gold rings. Most of us are thrilled with 1gold per month. Great hunt and hunter! Nice trip, take another soon.

CS..... we were at Ft Myers :laughing: Thats where we got all the pull tabs and bottle caps.... then we went to find a place you could find gold.

4 gold in a day is getting rare for me. Yes i get excited to find one gold. I think next weeks weather might hurt us with high swells and the wind coming out of the West..... something we dont like to see this time of year.

Cliff.... I wake up every day at 4.... but these old bones dont get out of bed before 5:30... and im NOT leaving the house without coffee. Also... im not getting in the water at time of the morning.... flash lights bring bait fish.... which brings unwanted guests in shallow water that time of the morning.

Dew

Oh come on CS buddy .... there has to be at least one ring down with my name on it. Ill get down there for some sun shine one of these days.

MAX..... its on my to DEW list. Im still learning and still tripping over things like these finds. These holidays have got me hit or miss on hunting time.

jjm.... thanks... one more and id need a star fish.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom