Beach Cleaners

the ones in Miami area go about 3-4 inches cleans seaweed and anything else in its path. I have found some items mostly change after it went by, but normally I am gone before it gets there

Yea, don't worry. They won't pick up anything like coins or rings,
I just got an iPhone off the beach the other day 20 min. after the beach sweeper went by.

I follow in the path of ours at times and lots of goodies will turn up!:cool:

Same experience. Where the sweeper makes U-turns is where I've had a little luck in the past. The beach sweeper here rips through the dry sand at a very fast pace mainly grabbing the surface garbage while making the sand all flat and pretty. I'd think that if they really wanted to find/collect stuff they'd have to slow wayyyy down which would just extend their work day;)

I can tell you my local beaches and the kids with rakes are doing a great job this year LOL.
Haven't found to much worth mentioning.

I got my local town asking for volunteers to clean the crud from the bottom of the lake..i was tempted but i got plans for when they've finished...:laughing:

The beach town her, Surfside, is planning to by a machine that will clean up the seaweed. How deep do these things go? Is it worth MDing afterward?

They really don't do much for what we are hunting for. If it's a seaweed rake it won't catch anything but large stuff. A seaweed rake is almost like a hay rake and they haven't hurt relic hunting yet.

Our local dry sand machine picks up necklaces, bracelets, watches, larger rings, phones, wallets, etc...but it leaves the clad behind. They run the d@mn thing every morning, 7 days a week. They get alot of goodies, and yes the operators do search through the garbage every morning. Lucky bums, I would volunteer to run the machine for free just to sift through the trash.

Gotta love it. Seaweed plays an important role not only in the ecosystem, but also erosion control. They spend money to sweep it up, then spend hundreds of thousands to replenish beaches they are helping to erode. :dash2:

Our local dry sand machine picks up necklaces, bracelets, watches, larger rings, phones, wallets, etc...but it leaves the clad behind. They run the d@mn thing every morning, 7 days a week. They get alot of goodies, and yes the operators do search through the garbage every morning. Lucky bums, I would volunteer to run the machine for free just to sift through the trash.

There is a difference between a seaweed rake and a beach sweeper. Some beach sweepers don't do much, then the high $$ ones will almost sift the sand. I am currently hunting Myrtle Beach and the beach sweepers here don't do much but clean the large junk and fill the kids holes.

These little guys are harmless I actually have done well following them.

0.jpg

The Larger machinery could not find a pick actually pick up to 9 inches sift the sand and take everything. The employees wait for the thing to get back and divide everything they find. Including gold silver and platinum....Ive seen some of the stuff. was on a beach this morning and there were 2 large machines out. The guys doing the dry said they were finding NOTHING.

Not sure what kind of machine the Surfside village will get. The article spoke mostly of Sea Weed. Just got my NEW ACE 350. Hopefully my knee will be well enough to use tomorrow morning. Haven't slept wait for it to arrive.

Maybe we should put up the electronics and get one of these walk behind babies.

"The BARBER SAND MAN is a compact, self-propelled walk behind beach cleaner that offers dependability and maneuverability. Its compact size makes it effective at removing debris from virtually any small sandy area. By using a vibrating screen, the SAND MAN walk behind beach cleaner effectively sifts a wide range of debris from sand and soil."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17nmI9I9Nk

But, from the Barber YouTube video, it looks like the Barber SURF RAKE Beach Cleaner S-Belt machine gets lots of bottles, cans, and cigarette butts. However, they show that it can be towed in saltwater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=YVZnBNau6qA&NR=1

Here they are more into tourism. Surfside competes with Galveston Island. Galveston gets very crowdwd and you have to pay for everything. Here you only pay to drive onto the beach. Anyway, they want the seaweed out of the way so people can get to the water. As far as erosion, they let that happen. No money is spent on replacing sand that I have seen. They do place used christmas trees at the edge of the dunes at the high tide mark to slow erosion down. All the towns here are very small.

Here they are more into tourism. Surfside competes with Galveston Island. Galveston gets very crowdwd and you have to pay for everything. Here you only pay to drive onto the beach. Anyway, they want the seaweed out of the way so people can get to the water. As far as erosion, they let that happen. No money is spent on replacing sand that I have seen. They do place used christmas trees at the edge of the dunes at the high tide mark to slow erosion down. All the towns here are very small.

I read hunting eroded areas is where the best finds are.

Just got my new detector, Garrett Ace 350, but my knee is messed up. Fractured it awhile back. Funny thing is I didn't know then. Now, it hurts when I run too much at the gym. Going tomorrow for sure, even if I have to use a walker.

Back
Top Bottom