Todays finds

Brin-PA

I got out for a couple hours today . The copper disk had two hooks on it but I can’t get any detail from it . A few Wheaties . The most unusual find was this old shotgun shell . It still has paper on it!! How the heck did the paper last all these years ? ……Brin

Attachments

• IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 192
I don't know why the paper is still on that shell, but yesterday i found an old spool of thread with all the thread on it, and the site was 150-200 years old.

Nothing on the front of that plate?

No , nothing is on the front, its smooth. When i dug it I quickly flipped it over, thinking I had something good . Its heavy and seems well made .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 153
I don't know why the paper is still on that shell, but yesterday i found an old spool of thread with all the thread on it, and the site was 150-200 years old.

In this months Western& Eastern a guy found a thimble at an old cellar hole . It was stuffed with cloth from the 1800s . I thought that was pretty neat .

Nice finds Brin, maybe the paper was well waxed?

I think you are right Vlad . This one probably had a little extra wax . I just found it unusual because Over the years I dug hundreds of these shells . This was the first with paper . Brin

Back
Top Bottom