What Digging Tools Do You Use?

I use a Lesche digger and a Military mine probe that came with removeable Titanium & Nylon tips. The nylon tips will never scratch the coin, but the titanium tips will never brake. kinda sucks, but its kinda of cool. :lol:

I use a Japanese hori-hori knife, Does a great job! It is designed for digging, has a 6.5 in blade and teeth on one edge for cutting roots, sod, etc.

Attachments

• HoriKnife.jpg
    HoriKnife.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 282
z118 said:
Hmmm... Well, I got the Lesche in the mail today (Thanks Tony!) and even though I had been out twice I still had to get out again to try it (God bless my understanding wife).

My first impressions... It seems to be extremely well made and I can't imagine it not lasting a long long time. However, I really need to get used to it. I am so used to using a Swiss Army knife... I was able to dig some nice plugs with the Lesche, but it still leaves much more of a noticeable marks on the turf than my knife... and pulling plugs for every signal is so slow! This morning I was out for two hours and popped 106 coins with my knife. A few times with the Lesche I popped a nice plug, but it turned out the coin was maybe 1/2 inch under the surface.

So I went out an bought a screwdriver to probe with. Hopefully that will help, and hopefully, it won't scratch coins.

I'm sure the Lesche will be great once I get used to it.
106 coins in 2 hours is mighty fast diggings..............

I use a 12" saltwater fishing knife from Walmart ... stainless steel, serated edge, and very sturdy ... costs about $12 ... very durable and great for cutting plugs especially in ground with many roots ... and it can be resharpened.

Back
Top Bottom