Sand bar hunt

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
I haven't been out much this year -- too many things going on, plus summer visitors -- and it's been pretty bleak hunting when I have made it to the beach. Finally, after being frustrated with areas that should have produced, I decided to do the unthinkable and hunt the thick sand of an offshore bar. I knew at least that it had a lot of traffic, and maybe there'd be some gold that hadn't sunk out of detecting range. It worked out pretty well. No gold, but two silver rings and a silver feather earring, plus a titanium ring and another ring that appears to be carbon fiber/epoxy on the inside and titanium on the outside. I have no idea what the 'letters' are on the hammered silver ring -- if someone has a clue let me know.

The gold disk (14K, 4.3 g) and silver spoon are from an earlier hunt. The disk has children's names and birthdates on the opposite side. It looks like it was once a pendant but the attachment ring broke or wore through and then the edge was filed down.

Happy hunting out there!

Attachments

• IMG_3682.JPG
    IMG_3682.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_3689.JPG
    IMG_3689.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_3693.JPG
    IMG_3693.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 901
  • IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_3705.JPG
    IMG_3705.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_3713.JPG
    IMG_3713.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 910
Congrats on the gold and silver! Nice hunt!

I think the writing on the silver ring is Hebrew and says "I am my beloved" taken from The song of Solomon..:hmmm:

:dingding:Congrats on all the goodies! I try to work the sand bars when everything else is sanded in.

Congrats on the gold and silver! Nice hunt!
I think the writing on the silver ring is Hebrew and says "I am my beloved" taken from The song of Solomon..:hmmm:
Thanks for the information Slim!
:dingding:Congrats on all the goodies! I try to work the sand bars when everything else is sanded in.
I've spent little time on sandbars, but I think these results will change my attitude provided there's enough activity from the beachgoers. ;) Thanks Felix.
congrats on a nice hunt- I agree with Slim- that is Hebrew writing
Thanks mj. I had a vague feeling that it might be Hebrew but I wouldn't know that from Klingon.:lol: It's interesting to know what it says.
Nice finds!
nice finds congrats :D
Very cool finds. Congrats!
Thanks! And I felt that I did my good deed for the day by collecting those rusty iron 'needles'.
Nice finds there! Rings are always a good find!
Thanks rusty. Any ring sitting in the bottom of the scoop raises the pulse rate a bit.:D
Interesting finds there, quality and some decent quantity as well!
Thanks Z. I hope I'll have more time now to get out and improve the score!

Awesome finds! Wish I could find a solid beach here in MA to hunt, usually just head south to RI or CT. The drive is almost equal. Always wanted to try revere beach. Good luck and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom