Magnifying Lenses

GabbityGabby

Elite Member
Many of you know that I do pyrography as a hobby. Well, while shopping for a couple new tips for my woodburner, I came across these awesome magnifying lenses and immediately thought: these would be great for examining coins or relics up close. So I had to share! I bought them and am very happy with them, they have interchangeable lenses for different magnification.

http://www.woodburning.com/toolshop/detail.asp?iPro=444&iType=19

I also do woodburning! It's a fun hobby, although I'm still learning, I've been having fun with it.

Machine? A hand held wood burner, dont need no stinkin machine!

What kind of machines are there?:lol:

What you're using is basically a soldering iron. I have one of those too but I solder with mine. There are lots of machines specifically made for pyrography. Notable brands include Colwood and Razortip. They have control unit that allows you to adjust the temperature of the woodburner so you don't scorch the wood. There is also way more variety in the tips so you can achieve different effects.

If you get more seriously into pyrography, I really recommend a better machine. They run from $100-200 for a good one. A lot like detectors, actually, in that you get what you pay for. I use the Colwood Detailer.

Back
Top Bottom