"To Dump Or Not Dump That Is The Question"?

Battlecry4

Forum Supporter
I've no idea just how much metallic junk I've collected over the years? It must be tons! What do you do with your junk? Return it to the hole you've just dug or perhaps use it more beneficially?
I am not sure what happens in America but in England many clubs put it to good purpose!
The concept: When clubs go on a field they bring a number of labelled plastic buckets! Into these buckets is placed the junk, be it copper, lead, aluminium! At the end of the dig this is taken away and stored until sufficient has been collected to warrant going to the scrapyard! With the constant rise in the cost of metal a tidy some can be made! This can be utilized in a number of ways! Club funds or which is probably better given to charitable organisations! Also you're helping to clear up the planet!
If your club doesn't have such a scheme. Why not suggest it? Or better still become an instigator yourself!!:gettinmoney:

I don't belong to a club, but keep everything I dig, separate what I can, Iron any everything else goes together. Figure on taking them in to the scrapyard, when the buckets get full.

I should at least keep the fishing lead, by mid summer you would need a forklift to get the bucket out of the garage.

Brass is quite valuable as scrap, goes4ever had a good post about it. I like the idea of turning in scrap for charity.

I scrap all my brass, copper, aluminum, and I will start a lead one next year (or should i say this year lol).

Back
Top Bottom