Loudest pinpointer?

corij

which do you think is loudest?

iv had an original garret propointer the black one several years but have come to conclusion a louder one would be better for me. i mostly detect on the beach where the waves background noise can interfere. + im deafer than i was! getting older who isnt

looking at comparison vids on youtube hasnt really helped me much. the Makro one has its speaker on the back end pointing out of the hole is that much of a help?

My experience is that the Garrett's are pretty dang loud, and I haven't encountered one that is noisier. Best scenario though, is to get a pin pointer that runs to your headset speakers.

Cheers,

Skippy

Don't they have ones with a vibrate mode?

I'd imagine with the right detector and the right pin pointer even a 100% deaf person could still get to enjoy metal detecting.

Extra loudness in pinpointers have seemingly gotten to be a left out concern by the makers. The bulk of commercial pin pointers out there are weak in volume IMPO, for my ears anyway. The Garrett Carrot is about the loudest off the shelf, but all of my Garretts have dwindled to lower volume in relatively short order of time.

I just go by the vibrations of the pin pointer. But it is extremely rare that I carry one to the beach. Most of those small targets that fall thru my scoop have turned out to be junk.

I have owned the Garrett Carrot, Xp MI6 and the Whites Trx. Out of those the Carrot was the loudest....

I have some trouble hearing so I go by vibration. I think I put tape over the speaker anyway.
ProPointer.jpg

I have to use vibrate on my TRX if there is a lot of background noise or strong winds. I also have to clean the speaker holes occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom