More stupidity...with jets this time.

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Don't know what it is about humans, they warn people about ocean events and the likelihood of tsunamis and to stay away from the beach but that just causes a bunch of stupid people to go there and watch instead.
The gun thing, we have already talked about that.
This is different but the same.
Warning signs all over to stop people from doing this risky thing and yet...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tourist-killed-jet-blast-notorious-105711311.html

Attachments

• ec44e34bb83670be8c20aeda3b58643b.jpg
    ec44e34bb83670be8c20aeda3b58643b.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
I was an aviation electronics technician in the Navy aboard the USS Saratoga aircraft carrier, anytime I needed to go up on the flight deck during flight operations to check equipment on an F4 Phantom the one thing you absolutely knew you had to do was to always watch where the powered up jets were at because the exhaust possibly could send you over the side of the ship.

At the EAA in Oshkosh a few years ago, a big new High power Passenger jet was showing off and blew over a whole line of plastic Portacrappers at the end of the runway! They all went tumbling like giant blue dominoes! Some were occupied of course...I was there, in hangar D working a trade show booth, but it was about the highlight of the show that year...:laughing:

Speaking of jets and stupidity.....Can you imagine the catastrophe that would have ensued in CA with the air Canada flight ???

4 jets waiting to depart full of fuel...... WOW !

THAT was close. Edit: They said they were within 100 FT !

Last edited:
Don't worry about it to much. It's just a dead branch that's been plucked from her family tree. When one branch is plucked, 2 usually follow , let's just hope they're smarter branches.
Not sure I heard about the Canadian airlines deal.

If they're not going to make that section of beach off limits (fencing, etc.), they could build a blast deflector at the end of the runway. Deflect the blast upwards. I know that they have warning signs posted, but that situation is an "attractive nuisance" for people on the left side of the bell curve.

If they're not going to make that section of beach off limits (fencing, etc.), they could build a blast deflector at the end of the runway. Deflect the blast upwards. I know that they have warning signs posted, but that situation is an "attractive nuisance" for people on the left side of the bell curve.

This story has gone viral and now officials say they are going to be looking at the situation and see what they can change besides just having security guards and warning signs out there which doesn't seem to be working.

Don't know exactly what they can do...you just can't fix stupid.

Last edited:
My Boss sent me into pick up a bunch of Corp guys at OHare once...He tossed me the keys to the Company Car and instructed me to go and fetch them...I was to take them Directly to the Trade Show at McCormick Center.....Well, as we were leaving OHare, under the flight path, a massive glob of axle grease fell out of the sky off a plane and hit like a 5lb booger right smack on the windshield!

Scared the hell out of us! Smack! Anyway, realizing what it was, I didnt dare hit the wipers of course, and smear that glob all over the place...We all agreed that action would not be wise in this kind of traffic, driving East in a Sun-up situation....

So, I just drove on over to McCormick with it there somewhat inert and parked the car, leaving that monster blob right there on the windshield...You woulda needed a snow shovel a whole roll of paper towels, and a gallon of TriChlor to get that mess off! I said, "DaHellWittit!" and We all went into the Show to Work the booth...

Near the end of a long and tiresome Trade show day, I had an idea...I said to my Boss..."Hey, heres the Car Keys back, why dont you get out of here a little early? Get back to the Hotel, and avoid the rush?" "I'll get these guys downtown in a cab or on a bus or something, and you can relax for a bit before Dinner?" "We will meet you in the Lobby Bar" And so off he goes, thinking I'm a real peach!

Upon our return to the Hotel and over a few drinks before dinner, He regaled us with a story about how he had to clean a big snotter off the Company Car windshield with a legal pad and his monogrammed hanky! We all just sat there and listened interestedly but laughing so hard inside!..Like when somebody farts in Church! He went on and on about it, as we were all busting a spleen, He couldnt figure out how the hell that massive grease blob got there in the underground parking garage...We never said nothing! He even gave me a raise that year, for being such a good guy! :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Hey, it's a Free thrill ride, sort of like those who run with the bulls in Spain. Still, that one girl looked like she cracked her head.

That one picture of the Jet, really low, is that a real picture? Looks like you could throw a rock at it.

Hey, it's a Free thrill ride, sort of like those who run with the bulls in Spain. Still, that one girl looked like she cracked her head.

That one picture of the Jet, really low, is that a real picture? Looks like you could throw a rock at it.

Yes. That is a real picture at Maho Beach in St. Maarten. I've flown in and out of there many times. It's a really fun approach. There's also a big mountain at the other end of the runway. It's not usually a problem because the weather is almost always VFR there.

Back
Top Bottom