#4 is with the MXT

pescadore

Elite Member
Got a new permission today for a vacant lot behind a church. I decided to use the MXT with the 10X12 SEF coil and it performed very nicely. I ended up with a 1956 Rosie that is silver #4 FTY, a 1920 and 1944 Wheat and $2.17 in clad. Had a nice hunt but now I'm whooped.

Congrats on your finds! Who's winning in the silver category this year for you? MXT or DFX?

Congrats on your finds! Who's winning in the silver category this year for you? MXT or DFX?

I just got the MXT so right now the DFX is ahead but I will probably use the MXT more in the future. I like the simplicity of it. I am trying to trade the DFX for a MXT Pro so I can have the tones and a backlight. If I cant trade, I will keep the DFX for that purpose. The DFX is a great machine.

I hope to get back there tomorrow afternoon if the weather allows. We are supposed to get ice and sleet but not till tomorrow night. I am gonna put the 6X8 on and give it a try.

You're are a heartier hunter than I. Good luck in tomorow's Texas weather. I don't take much of any dive in temps after having 60 degrees. If it's breezy and below 50, I'm at home.

You're are a heartier hunter than I. Good luck in tomorow's Texas weather. I don't take much of any dive in temps after having 60 degrees. If it's breezy and below 50, I'm at home.

That's why I said if the weather allows. I'm not getting out if it is raining or sleeting like its supposed to.

That's why I said if the weather allows. I'm not getting out if it is raining or sleeting like its supposed to.

I hear ya. My point was simply about the expected temperature and winds. The weather forecasters have that kinda forecast pretty well "down pat."

I'm clueless though about how/why those hunters who cover a control box and still go out in the harshness of precipitation AND the cold! martin

I hear ya. My point was simply about the expected temperature and winds. The weather forecasters have that kinda forecast pretty well "down pat."

I'm clueless though about how/why those hunters who cover a control box and still go out in the harshness of precipitation AND the cold! martin

Im just glad I live in Texas and get to hunt mostly year round. A few days of bad weather is sure better than what those guys up North contend with.

Im just glad I live in Texas and get to hunt mostly year round. A few days of bad weather is sure better than what those guys up North contend with.

Yes we have the tough weather but with it we get to hunt vicariously with you guys that have the opportunities and share here on the forum. Congrats on the Rosie. Jack

Back
Top Bottom