1797 GOLD draped bust n 1933 gold liberty

FistFullOfCoppers

Elite Member
Got these two replicas today and what fun is a replica if you cant prank sonebody lol.
I texted my hunting buddy kona today with a pic of the 1797 draped I know his high teck flip phone has a small screen so he basically just saw a gold coin.
Texted him the pic and said omg bro you aint never gonna believe what I just dug.
10 minutes later I got a call lol.
After calling me a few choice words he asked me where I found it I said in the local park in a certain area hed know .
He says he was just down there with a friend in that same spot and they found a few modern clad coins .so the questions kept coming and im not goid at lying so after 10 minutes or so I came clean lol it was fun while it lasted lol.
Paid 30 bucks at the local pawn shop for them .
I got my moneys worth pranking him and when I picked up my girl friend from work I was like hey honey sorry im late hope your not mad I stopped off and did a lil detecting she had a pissy look on her face n said you better have found something real good having had made me wait 2 extra hours I then showed her the fake gold coin she was like omg baby and she got excited I almost felt bad having to tell her it was fake lol.
Oh wait I just fooled somebody else .
You looked at this post expecting to see a few real gold coins .
Dam these were so worth the 30 bucks lol.

The coins

Attachments

• 20150206_151925-1-1.jpg
    20150206_151925-1-1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 20150206_151739-1-1.jpg
    20150206_151739-1-1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,236
I thought it was funny...

I have a friend who I did something similar years back... every Christmas we would exchange lotto tickets they usually were all losers.. I found a couple in a joke shop that were instant winners and gave him one that was a $10,000 winner... you have to refund it through the easter bunny or something...

I called him after the first of the year because I forgot about them and he told me he won the ten grand and was going to Florida... I asked him who he told and he told me his entire family then made reservations with an airline... he never looked at the back... I told him it was a fake ticket... he got ticked off and said I was saying that because I wanted a cut of the ticket... I told him to read the back... after a long silence he called me something I can't say here... He didn't talk to me for 6 months :lol: I still think its funny... his boss,also my friend told me he stuck a knife in the ticket at his job :laughing:

We can joke about it today...but he still calls me nasty things.

I have a friend who I did something similar years back... every Christmas we would exchange lotto tickets they usually were all losers.. I found a couple in a joke shop that were instant winners and gave him one that was a $10,000 winner... you have to refund it through the easter bunny or something...

I called him after the first of the year because I forgot about them and he told me he won the ten grand and was going to Florida... I asked him who he told and he told me his entire family then made reservations with an airline... he never looked at the back... I told him it was a fake ticket... he got ticked off and said I was saying that because I wanted a cut of the ticket... I told him to read the back... after a long silence he called me something I can't say here... He didn't talk to me for 6 months :lol: I still think its funny... his boss,also my friend told me he stuck a knife in the ticket at his job :laughing:

Lmao boy I bet he was some pist lol.
Ive seen those lottery tickets redeem wirh a lucky leprechaun lol

Laugh now....one day,when you least expect it I'll get ya back...lol

"Revenge is a dish best served cold"

I once found a live frog while detecting and told my buddy with me that I found something awesome. I told him to be really careful with it as its soo rare (he was expecting a coin or something) So when I gave him the frog he nearly jumped out of his pants :laughing:

Lol omg yall are killing me. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My uncle the prankster did that to me when I was 16. I was so excited, I ran outta the room and immediately called my best friend to tell him the good news. While I'm on the phone with him my uncle says "How do you redeem it...turn it over" While on the phone with my buddy, I started reading the back "To redeem, go to your mama's house or see the tooth fairy" I still remember saying "it says something about the tooth fairy..i don't know.....I JUST WON 10 GRAND" Then it hit me...and I abruptly told my buddy I had to end our conversation. That ticket is now framed on the wall in my office. My uncle still calls me "10g man" to this day. Little does he know that I've been plotting my revenge for nearly 20 yrs! Oh, I will have the last laugh....just when he thinks I forgot about it. LOL

To OP, good gag but you overpaid by about $28 for those coins.

I have a fake 1877 Seated Liberty Dollar coin. Paid $4 for it at a swap meet. When my college-aged son goes detecting me, I always get the best of him. I'll say "look what I found" and usually get a shocked reaction out of him for about 2sec. It's becoming a running joke with us.

I have a fake 1877 Seated Liberty Dollar coin. Paid $4 for it at a swap meet. When my college-aged son goes detecting me, I always get the best of him. I'll say "look what I found" and usually get a shocked reaction out of him for about 2sec. It's becoming a running joke with us.

My dad once took a junction box punch out and wrote "GOT YA" on it, then buried it in the yard. I then took an old fake Gold double eagle coin and got my brother with it. We've gotten each other so many times its' kinda lost it's effect.

Doesn't stop me from chucking fake morgan dollars and those Myers metal detectors $5 tokens at the beach sometimes :):laughing: Ok, I only did that once in the hopes someone specific would find it.

My dad once took a junction box punch out and wrote "GOT YA" on it, then buried it in the yard. I then took an old fake Gold double eagle coin and got my brother with it. We've gotten each other so many times its' kinda lost it's effect.

Doesn't stop me from chucking fake morgan dollars and those Myers metal detectors $5 tokens at the beach sometimes :):laughing: Ok, I only did that once in the hopes someone specific would find it.

Ha! Sounds like you have a great family with fun memories. I would think a fake Morgan dollar would be cool...if I wasn't actually out there looking for the real thing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom