Ts Bonnie and the Treasure Coast

cmbtvet

Forum Supporter
Anyone live on or near the Treasure Coast (Ft Pierce to Vero) and if so, how did Ts Bonnie affect the beach?

I know she made land-fall in Miami but looking at the radar, it looks as though most of the storm was north of her center and may have churned the surf up enough to maybe uncover some spanish silver/gold.

Vero might be too far north but maybe Ft Pierce/Stuart worth a shot. Anyone in that area?

IDK but I am in Broward County Ft. Lauderdale. I was thinking about hitting the beach right after this storm passes. LOL Hope I can find some goodies!

lol I'm in Kissimmee and just want to know if she was churning enough surf up that way to make the drive worth while :)

Looks like the storm didn't survive crossing Florida. Ran into some powerful shear winds from a High Pressure cell in the Gulf and it was kaput.

Yeah thats what I read as well but I'm not so concerned with the left side of Florida ;P

The right side is where my reales and escudos await, I'm just trying to figure out how the surf/erosion was on the north side of Bonnie's landfall.

Kind of starting to think this was no stronger than a typical Fl thunder storm.

The wind and waves hit pretty much straight out of the east today. I didn’t see any cutting at the beaches I checked. zeemang posted the best source for Treasure Cost condition reports and other great info.
It looks like south beach might have got some erosion though.

I went down to Sebastian early Saturday and found a dime, 2 pennies, a cell phone, lighter, and fishing lure. On my way home I decided to stop at Bonesteel Park and found a silver ring on my first sweep as soon as I hit the sand. Will try and get some pics up later.

Back
Top Bottom