Can anyone value this coin

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
I found this today,and I'm not much good at value or grading.I have read it's a key date coin,it has no mint mark so I'm assuming it was made in Philadelphia.Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,253
Last edited:
Thats a sweet find there! I just looked it up on Cointrackers...yeah...they said $200 for one in average condition...Just for a ballpark.....

You may want to take it into a local coin shop and let them tell you how much they would pay you for it...They of course are in business to make money...Do a search for Numismatic or Coin Clubs in your area...take it on over and let those old guys drool! Thats a good icebreaker there to get to know some local people that are into this kind of stuff..Congratulations!.

I agree with Mud, my 2015 redbook would (I think) put it around VG8 and says $220 but I am not a coin expert nor have I played one on tv/youtube. :lol:

eBay. Coin shop. Devil is in the details, they will bust out a loop and inspect it for mint flaws vs circulation flaws vs cleaning damage and assess. It's frustrating that dug coins, even in brilliant condition are just worth less money. I agree with the guys above though, I would say that it's worth $200+ a little more.

If it were mine it would've invaluable since I have yet to dig one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digging any key date old coin is a big deal and a helluva trophy! Hang around with some Numismatists...Somewhere out there is a person with a hole in their Walker collection that would pay top dollar for that one...So Congratulations are in order! The silver value today is only @$6 something...but if you are gonna sell it, to maximize your profit, get with the collectors...

Thanks for the advice guys,,I was thinking about a 100 bucks maybe,so you definitely made my day.I will take it to a few coin dealers and see what they will pay,and get back on this post with a report.$200 is a lot of do re me.

Whatever you do, keep in mind it would take over $200 to buy another one. Great find !! I would keep it unless you NEED the money.:D Considering it didn't cost you anything but time anything you get will be PROFIT !!:yes:

Ive decided to keep it awhile,thanks for the help..I gotta say,although I'm not educated in coin grading I know what I see in my coin against the grading pictures of the same coin,and this one looks like a vf20,, I don't see any difference.The one I looked at graded vf20 has the same few gouging marks as I have on the lady,and it's still graded as a vf20
If you go to eBay and pull up a 1921 half dollar there is one there graded as a vf20, and it has just as many scratches and dings as mine.i figured if his is graded at vf20 and mines just as nice,why not?..Then again everyone thinks there baby is the best looking.lol

Last edited:
First, that's a very nice and unique find. Second, its worth what someone is willing to pay for it provided its what you will take for it. About $200 sounds like a fair market value but it could be worth more to you than the monetary value. I love items I dig up that have a good story behind them. Some times the story is worth a lot more than the item!

I found this today,and I'm not much good at value or grading.I have read it's a key date coin,it has no mint mark so I'm assuming it was made in Philadelphia.Any help would be appreciated

ignore my previous post, I just realized that coin was "dug". now it is only worth half what I said! :lol::laughing::laughing:

sorry, couldn't resist :laughing::roll:

Back
Top Bottom