Help for a rookie iMac user....

GStout76

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

I just got the new 27" iMac and really like it. It is my first Mac. I love the video and photo editing programs. Easy to use.

Anyways, since getting this new Mac, I have been unable to upload my photo's from my hunts into the two MD sites I frequent. When I try to post them, I click the paperclip and select the pictures I want to upload. Then it just sits there forever saying "Please wait...Uploading files" then it just sits there forever. I have some good hunts that I want to share but can't attach the darn pics. ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Where are you uploading them exactly?

That is not a mac issue. I think it may just be where you are trying to upload the files.

Greg,
I have been a mac user my whole life. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I haven't done much with videos but might be able to help with photos. I am thinking the photos might be too large to upload. I had that issue when I first started using this site and had to make sure my jpegs were no larger than 800x800 pixels.

Jason

Thanks guys. I did exactly as I had done with my PC. Create a fold for pics, shrink them down (or so I think), upload, and post, but during the upload phase it just sits there. I have tried to post on this site and my local Cal site.

Jason - I'll give you a call this evening when I get home and maybe you can walk me through it.

Greg

Thanks guys. I did exactly as I had done with my PC. Create a fold for pics, shrink them down (or so I think), upload, and post, but during the upload phase it just sits there. I have tried to post on this site and my local Cal site.

Jason - I'll give you a call this evening when I get home and maybe you can walk me through it.

Greg

How did you shrink them? If you shrunk the files using "Preview" you have to make sure you SAVE the file after you shrink them otherwise it doesn't take.

edit: that wasn't meant to sound rude, seriously it took me awhile to figure it out because my imac did not prompt me to save the file after shrinking the file. Then I realized that even though I selected all the files and then opened them in preview. I went to shrink the files to find out that I had to reselect all files in the preview program before resizing. It only resized 1 of a batch of files, without me knowing.

Are you using iPhoto? If so it is very easy to export photos to your desktop in any size you want. I skip all of this though and just use Photobucket. Very easy.

Thanks everyone for the input, soon as I get home I will try some of them. A friend at work said he had similar issues with the stock navigator and will try firefox tonight to see if that is the problem.

Again thanks all,

Greg

stewart beat me to it, but that is just what I do, export to the desktop than it is real easy to load here or on the Kinzli site.:cool: I have had my iMac for just under a year a love it. Once you Mac to won't go back!:D

Back
Top Bottom