TreasurePro vs AT Pro

RFWoodVT

Hey all,

Dug out my old Prizm II this summer and added a CORS Scout to it. Wow, what an improvement over the old concentric!

I've been nabbing clad coins down in the 6 - 8 inch depth at our local T-ball field and was able to rapidly recover a lost wedding band in a gentleman's front yard. And Pinpointing is Spot On!

My wife is interested in getting started detecting with me and is happy to work with the Prizm II for now while she learns. That means I can upgrade and get a newer machine for myself!!!

My primary detecting will be for lost coins and jewelry in local parks followed by relic hunting on old homestead sites. I would also be doing the occasional beach search when times allow.

...and now I'm torn between the TreasurePro and the AT Pro.

Is comparing them apples to oranges?

Reviews online appear love-hate; people either love their TP/AT or hate them. But I haven't found any direct comparisons between them.

First it looks like they are two different classes of machine, upper end beginner for the TP and intermediate+ for the AT Pro. But I'm not sure. Can anyone expound upon that?

Meanwhile I'm hard pressed to find any differences that mean anything to me other than the AT is waterproof and the displays are very different in how data is displayed.

Not to mention the TP seems quite I bit less expensive. Although I can budget for the AT Pro, I'm not sure i understand why it would be significantly more than the TP.

Anyone able to shed some light as to why I'd want one over the other and vice-versa?

Well, now I am really in a quandary....someone suggested I look at an Equinox.

OK, for grins and giggles then, what's the take on all three of them:

Whites Treasure Pro
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 600/800

Why, given my type of detecting, would I want one over the other?

I truly want to understand why things work differently/better than others, not just the bells and whistles, so I'd appreciate being educated!

Thanks!

The Equinox is new technology patened which no other detector is like it.
Why I bought one: works great in saltwater beach
Excellent seperation in iron/ trash.
Lightweight.
Deeper than my At pro.
These alone easily make it a top dog in my book.
Hope this helps.
More good news: Many reports of guys finding stuff in hunted out places with it.

I own both an AT PRO and Equinox 600 & 800. I also had a treasure pro as a back-up when I first started this great hobby. All of the above are good machines for coin shooting. If the cost is not an issue, I'd go with the Equinox 800 or 600. It's you choice and your money.

Consider...The AtPro and the NOX will have a fast resale with not a lot of financial degradation...The Pro is a proven in field performer within multiple genres of this Sport and widely accepted as such with no further convincing needed.....NOX is coming on strong as well and quickly building its legend and in demand presently....

So...its not all about the rigs function or the initial outlay of finances to consider....Its not a total loss of spend going with either the Pro or the NOX...Although I'm sure its a very capable rig, Nobodies beating down the door or sleeping on the sidewalk to get their hands on a Treasure Pro...:?:

Pulled the trigger.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Was able to slide into an Equinox 800. Happened to have some extra tip $$$ set aside from work and that made the difference between the AT-Pro and the 800.

Been playing with the 800 in my dooryard. Heavy with car lice, bolts, nuts, wire, nails, aluminum and 1970's+ coinage. Also contains a lost wedding band...somewhere. I've heavily hunted it with my old PrizmII btw.

Right off the bat I noticed the depths to which the 800 reaches...wow! Found an older mid 1960's brass button at 10" pretty happy with that. But, there is soooo much trash that the 800 picks up next to good signals that I now have a fairly large learning curve and set up curve to work through.

Looking forward to it though.

Back
Top Bottom