Under Yellow Sky

bigstemz

Banned
So i was thoroughly bummed this morning when i woke up and saw thunderclouds approaching and i could hear the boom pop of thunder and lightning. :no: I had planned to go to two different lake beaches today. One being the spot ive frequented all summer and the other dates back to at least the 20's. I dont know why i havent been to the latter one yet , but it just struck me today and I need to get there!!

As the day progressed the clouds cleared and i figured i could maybe make it to my normal watering hole (not the bar one:D) on my motorcycle without getting to wet. And boy am i glad i went there!!!

There is this one spot ive been skipping when i hunt because its more clay and rock than sand and its a pain to dig there. But today i bruised it out and got rewarded for it with a tiny little 14K baby shoe charm. It weighs in at 1.8 and is super cute. It sounded on the excal like a small gold stud and i was pleasantly surprised with the this heavier reward.

After awhile i moved to the other side of the lake where i dug two rings earlier this week. Fished around for awhile not getting much in the shallows so i headed out deeper. Got a good tone and first scoop caught it. Was VERY surprised to see something in the scoop that i NEVER thought id find in a freshwater lake, A GOLD BAR!!!! Only a 1g .999 fine gold bar set inside a 14K pendant. The whole things weighs in at 3.7g. And im not quite sure if just the portion marked 14K is 14K or if the whole pendant is 14K? Either way its a great find for me and im stoked!!

Got the normal clad and a bunch of junk jewelry. I removed all the junk so you all wouldnt have to bear with me for that crap. It was a great 3 hr hunt ;) Oh yeah and i almost forgot this week has just been incredible for me got a gold ring 3 days ago, then another gold the next day, now two gold today , , , hopefully irene will make everyone so lucky :shock:

Hh

Attachments

• Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 001.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 001.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 005.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 005.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 350
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 006.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 006.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 340
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 002.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 002.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 003.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 003.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 354
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 004.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 004.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 007.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 007.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 351
  • Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 008.JPG
    Lucas and Ebay, the relationship I will grow to despise 008.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 340
That is freaking awesome man!!! Sweet on the 1 gram charm and baby shoe!! Congrats on all your finds! WTG!

WOW a bar! even if its tiny, that's realllllly cool. Great job!

Clay and rock?

Dude, that's water hunter paradise. Gold stays within range a whole lot longer there than in the average east coast, pumped in, artificial sand beaches most of us are stuck with.

My o my that gold bar is sweet! Big congrats!

I hope to find something like that (jewelry with a coin or in your case a bar) someday.

Technique

Good Lord! You're a beast! Keep that lucky streak going!

I really contribute my success, to knowing my machine good and taking my time. Going slow while detecting cannot be stressed enough. Also once I put the excal onto auto sense I started getting a lot more gold!

Back
Top Bottom