Signum MFD.

ghound

Elite Member
I know there's a few Signum MFD users on here. I've one coming tomorrow and could do with a few pointers on a basic setting to get me started, cheers.

Last edited:
Cannot wait to here about your finds. I am looking at MFD since I will not buy a ink.

Well, had a run around my test garden, where the heck did all this raw power come from???
My tiny hammered silver coin @ 7" just got tagged by the basic number 1 program, in 7khz!!

I think i've found my new best friend for hunting large pastures...

Edit to say, it's got a feckin Turbo button lol

Attachments

• P_20170929_122107.jpg
    P_20170929_122107.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 494
  • P_20170929_122124.jpg
    P_20170929_122124.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 529
Well, had a run around my test garden, where the heck did all this raw power come from???
My tiny hammered silver coin @ 7" just got tagged by the basic number 1 program, in 7khz!!

I think i've found my new best friend for hunting large pastures...

Edit to say, it's got a feckin Turbo button lol

Yeah it's got a turbo button,,,but the question is can you run your unit in turbo with your minerlization???
Likely not.

I had a couple of hours on it today and instantly clicked with it, it seemed to handle my soil very well, no issues ground balancing either.

The MFT I had did very well in my soil,,as long as the ground didn't change phase wise.
Turbo on though,,,no cigar,,,washed out signals.

Still deep though without turbo on.

The MFT I had did very well in my soil,,as long as the ground didn't change phase wise.
Turbo on though,,,no cigar,,,washed out signals.

Still deep though without turbo on.

The Turbo on your former MFT works great in this NY soil TNSS. Ground balance can be tricky at times as I have had to reduce the ST & RT sensitivity down a bit as well as the gain BUT even on the lower sens and gain this unit puts many other to shame!

The Turbo on your former MFT works great in this NY soil TNSS. Ground balance can be tricky at times as I have had to reduce the ST & RT sensitivity down a bit as well as the gain BUT even on the lower sens and gain this unit puts many other to shame!

I'll bet it does Choppa.
Sweet soil as yours.

Mine soil not so great.

Nice unit..As choppadude said,ground balance can be tricky and those aka don't perform right without proper gb..when I had the signum 7272 I always used a bit of ferrite to gb with and hit amazing depths.
I liked short tone the best,just great for my areas and Pennsylvania soil.The turbo was the deepest I've ever used,but it seemed to drain the batteries fast.Some others said no,but my signum would drain fast in turbo.
Glad you got it,the hodagraph never lied to me,I barely looked at the numbers.Also I had a 3 frequency 12.5x8.5,worked well..Hopefully we'll see some of your finds,good luck

Thanks folks, I'll post a few vids on it as i learn it, just trying to fish through all the coil options for it.
I'm keeping it as a deep pasture machine for low conductors, the Equinox, when it's available will be for everything else!

I had my first run out on pasture with the Signum this morning, very impressed with it.

The field i was in has a mixture of nice quiet areas and others where there had been a few medieval buildings, that are long gone, but have left plenty of iron and rubbish behind, you can also see a medieval moat in the background of the first pic.
The soil is quite mineralised, you rarely dig beyond 6" and less in the iron, non ferrous finds are few and far between, and no one apart from me hunts here anymore.

Anyways i got a few pieces, the only coin today being a nice King George iv Hibernian copper, either 1822-1823, the only years minted, the other coins are from my first outting on a ploughed field on friday.
I was quite pleased after i cleaned it up as i could get a bit of detail, and it was in the 2nd spade full at a good 8", that's a massive depth for this field.
I had no issues with GB the machine, i was running it quite hot and found it really enjoyable to swing, which is kinda the idea lol.
Can't wait till my next outting!

Attachments

• 2017-07-22 14.45.54-800x600.jpg
    2017-07-22 14.45.54-800x600.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 393
  • 2017-07-22 17.34.55.jpg
    2017-07-22 17.34.55.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 394
  • 2017-07-22 17.35.48.jpg
    2017-07-22 17.35.48.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 2017-07-22 17.35.19.jpg