Tool problem

FWest

I am relatively new at detecting but have a major addiction to quality tools. As a mechanic I constantly upgrade my tools to "better" models.

So after starting with the ebay lesche knockoff I bought a Model 31(c) Raptor. For me this is a direct replacement to a full length shovel. It's hefty and very well made but only cuts by being plunged into the ground. It scoops out a lot of dirt and is ideal for sod cutting and deep holes. No easy way to cut roots.

Now I see on another forum a Japanese hori hori garden knife, Model DSR-1K6. I can not ignore the shinny blade, razor sharpness, mention or rockwell hardness and of coarse "Special Edition". Now I have one on the way.

Did I mention I have a spear head spade as well ?

Mechanic here also. Got a shop full of Snap on, Mac, Proto, Armstrong etc. and that's is not including my diagnostic equipment. My garage is valued at more than my house LOL!
Not much better with detecting stuff either, all the latest models and extras.
Then there is my guitar addiction (6 of them) and my motorcycle habit (10 of them) to tell the truth even I don't know how I can afford all this !!!!! lol!
But hey we only go around once in life so might as well have as much fun as you can afford!

Now I see on another forum a Japanese hori hori garden knife, Model DSR-1K6. I can not ignore the shinny blade, razor sharpness, mention or rockwell hardness and of coarse "Special Edition". Now I have one on the way.

You can't go wrong with a Hori-Hori knife. I have been using that style of digger for about forty years now and have never once felt like it might break and I'm hard on diggers.

The older you get, the easier it'll be to avoid falling into that trap, especially when you get-up one morning, open the shop door, and try to find a way in :lol:

Back
Top Bottom