Just got Lorton 33B

Mike Conowingo

Got the tumbler yesterday and started to clean headstamps and a couple unidentifiable objects. The headstamps are looking very good and one item I thought was maybe a old lead bullet turned out to be a button. I'll post more pics tomorrow after everything is cleaned.

For cleaning medium I am using saltwater tank refugium substrate. It's a mix of sand shells and aragonite. So far looks as though it's cleaning good.

Pic of headstamps cleaned with redish purple color near center.

Attachments

• 2015-03-01 13.15.33.jpg
    2015-03-01 13.15.33.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 294
  • 2015-03-01 13.14.39.jpg
    2015-03-01 13.14.39.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 264
You will love your Loretone 33B. Mine has ran almost continuously for two years with no problems. Great for cleaning head stamps and clad. I also tumble pistol brass for reloading in dry chopped corn cob media. Does an excellent job.

I also love my mine. Congrats on yours! Keep it oiled, and the weight of tumbling stuff within operating parameters, and it will last a long time. Lortone makes high quality tumblers. I use my double barrel for both clad, and Lake Superior agates.

Last edited:
Looks good....you ready to get out?
Lockollector I am dying to get out this weather has got to break soon hopefully.

I also love my mine. Congrats on yours! Keep it oiled, and the weight of tumbling stuff within operating parameters, and it will last a long time. Lortone makes high quality tumblers. I use my double barrel for both clad, and Lake Superior agates.

Thanks for the advice.

You will love your Loretone 33B. Mine has ran almost continuously for two years with no problems. Great for cleaning head stamps and clad. I also tumble pistol brass for reloading in dry chopped corn cob media. Does an excellent job.

Seven what do you use to clean your headstamps with? Thanks Mike

Seven what do you use to clean your headstamps with? Thanks Mike

I use aquarium gravel and dish soap. Fill drum a little over half full of gravel and head stamps and then add water until about 3/4 to 1 inch above your contents. Add 2 or 3 drops of dishwashing soap and tumble overnight. This works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom