Headed to Greensboro NC any ideas??

detectorben

Elite Member
I am headed to Greensboro for work this week. Hoping to squeeze in a few hours of hunting at the end of a day. Anyone here from the area? Have any ideas of public places I could go to do some coin shooting? At least a chance at some silver or relics would be a plus but I'm not picky. Thanks in advance!

-Ben

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great, Thanks! Looks like my trip is getting pushed back to December so we will see. Not sure if the weather in December will allow for detecting??

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not sure about that part of North Carolina, in our area of South Carolina the ground usually does not have a hard freeze, the rare times we might have super cold temps they usually don't last long. (I'm glad because my injured knee will keep me from detecting for a while yet :lol:)

Edit to add:

Not sure how accurate this is, but here's a link to estimated average temps there for December -

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/greensboro-nc/27401/december-weather/329822

I live not too far from Grebsboro. Sorry to say, I'm pretty sure their public parks don't allow detecting. Call their parks and rec dept. to check. If you don't mind a twenty minute drive check out Davidson park in Burlington. You're all good in any Burlington park.

Also, I think the nearby town of High Point allows detecting. Both Creekside Park which hosts a Fourth of July fireworks show and Oak Hollow Lake which hosts music festivals would be good hunting.

Ground freeze shouldn't be an issue in DEC, but it depends on the weather cycle. If ground freeze is a problem, it's typically in the morning and when it warms up it's good by noon or so. I am still fairly new to the area, otherwise I'd try to offer up some advice on detecting in Greensboro. While I always advise to abide by park rules, typically most park rangers/workers don't mind if you coin shoot carefully with a small hand shovel provided you're carrying a big obvious white bag for trash and there's stuff in it. They also don't seem to mind if you hit volleyball sand and fill the holes.

You sound like you are from around the Triad area. Do you know how does the City of Greensboro feels about you detecting medians or between sidewalk and road areas. I bet some of the old communities over by uncg, fisher park area, or any of the older places probably have lots of loose change floating in those areas. I haven't seen any ordinances saying you can't. Just park areas. Thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom