Best way to clean gold, silver, diamonds and jewelry?

Rawkfist

Just a noob here but slowly I am starting to find some of these items. I would like to know how to clean these things.
I am sure this has been talked about before, so if there is a link for a past thread that someone could give me or whatever, I would greatly appreciate it. Or just explain how to clean those things. Thanks guys.

If they aren't hideously filthy a nice bath in warm water and hydrogen peroxide about half and half should clean them up. I use that on my personal jewelry and it works great. If you get something really dirty or have a lot to clean, ultrasound is nice, you can get a machine pretty reasonable.

As you probably know if it is ever anything with potential value (coins, etc) always research first before touching it as cleaning could destroy it's value. You can use the "search" tab above to help locate old threads/posts that can help. Best of luck!

as the previous post states, don't clean coins until you're sure if they're valuable or not.
jewelry can best be cleaned with a soft toothbrush and mild soap and warm water. ultrasonic cleaners with a mild detergent work fairly well too.
i got a small ultrasonic machine from a dental lab. it's intended use was for dental appliances (dentures, braces, bite plate thingys, etc) but it does pretty good with jewelry. and those polydent pills make everything smell minty fresh! :giggle:

as the previous post states, don't clean coins until you're sure if they're valuable or not.
jewelry can best be cleaned with a soft toothbrush and mild soap and warm water. ultrasonic cleaners with a mild detergent work fairly well too.
i got a small ultrasonic machine from a dental lab. it's intended use was for dental appliances (dentures, braces, bite plate thingys, etc) but it does pretty good with jewelry. and those polydent pills make everything smell minty fresh! :giggle:

Uhm... I wrote ultrasound, obviously your're correct, ultrasonic, some days my brain just does not work like it used to :lol: oh boy...

Uhm... I wrote ultrasound, obviously your're correct, ultrasonic, some days my brain just does not work like it used to :lol: oh boy...

Actually, you're not wrong at all. An ultrasonic cleaner and an ultrasound imager use exactly the same process. The only difference is you are using high frequency sound waves to clean instead of capturing an image.

Score yourself ten bonus points. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200.

R5

Actually, you're not wrong at all. An ultrasonic cleaner and an ultrasound imager use exactly the same process. The only difference is you are using high frequency sound waves to clean instead of capturing an image.

Score yourself ten bonus points. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200.

R5

Thank you, you have helped to restore my tattered dignity! :roll::lol:

Back
Top Bottom