Help please stolen

Bunky

Need some help, got my ace 250 stolen. Now it's time for a upgrade. My budget it up to $700. I would like to spend under that with a pinpointer. If have to up to that... Any help in recommending a better detector would help...

Minelab 505 and a PP. Hunt in 3 different frequencies, manual GB, noise cancel, 4 tone and multi tone, adjustable arm cuff, 3 yr warranty and right now about $50 less than the AT Pro.:yes:This would get you under $700 and you would have a much better machine.

I'm kinda leaning towards a AT-Pro just cause I liked my Ace... In your opinions why Minelab? Minelab is not out of the question. Just don't know anyone personaly with one.. Actually I don't know anyone else beside myself that metal detects...

Minelabs are the top of the line. I've had the 705 for a couple months and love it. and it will grow with you as you grow into detecting .... has features other machines in that price range don't have ... like you I had a few in mind but got pointed to the X terra and glad I listened to them ... Longhair being the main person. it can be as simple or High Tec as you want it to be. with them you do have to work it slower but it will also find stuff the others miss

Starting with an ace 250 the obvious choice for upgrade is the AT pro. Personally I started with the ace 150 and now have the at pro. I am not disappointed

Minelab X Terra 705
•Minelab’s proprietary "True Digital" VFLEX technology, the new class of single frequency detectors allowing you to change the frequency simply by changing coils.
•Compatible with low, mid and high frequency coils - all 7 X-TERRA accessory coils can be used with the X-TERRA 705.
•Automatic/Manual Ground Balancing, Tracking and now with Tracking Ground Balance Offset adjustment. This creates a performance advantage in certain areas such as wet/dry sand transition and hot rock locations, by setting the balance slightly positive or negative.
•Four preset detecting patterns, that can also be customised plus All-Metal mode.
•Adjustable Iron Mask – designed for Prospecting Mode. This feature allows you to find desirable targets lying close to ferrous metals.
•Threshold tone for more accurate target ID interpretation.
•Two Pinpoint Modes: Auto and Sizing. With the new Sizing feature, the user gets valuable information on target characteristics including shape and size with variable tone and graphical indicator.
•Target ID stability – precise, solid responsiveness in high-trash areas enabling you to efficiently and effectively search sites with a high concentration of junk.
•Positive transflective LCD display providing a back light only in dim light conditions enabling better screen visibility in poor lighting whilst saving battery charge in well lit conditions.
•Depth indicators, update continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.

MineLab X Terra 705 ... step up to a real machine call Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies for the best deal http://bigboyshobbies.net/

LOL An AT pro is a real Machine only difference is you like Minelab apparently have owned Minelab as well and it or they are great detectors for sure Also own a Garrett and Tesoro machine they each have they place so go easy on us NoN Minelab owners LOL

You will love the AT Pro! I own the AT Pro and the E Trac and I will never part with the AT Pro, it is truly a great machine. Since you're experienced with a standard tone garrett, you'll learn to love Pro Mode on the newer AT model and also you will get more depth and be able to hunt water with no worries. Best of luck with whatever you decide and Happy Hunting!!

Minelab X Terra 705
•Minelab’s proprietary "True Digital" VFLEX technology, the new class of single frequency detectors allowing you to change the frequency simply by changing coils.
•Compatible with low, mid and high frequency coils - all 7 X-TERRA accessory coils can be used with the X-TERRA 705.
•Automatic/Manual Ground Balancing, Tracking and now with Tracking Ground Balance Offset adjustment. This creates a performance advantage in certain areas such as wet/dry sand transition and hot rock locations, by setting the balance slightly positive or negative.
•Four preset detecting patterns, that can also be customised plus All-Metal mode.
•Adjustable Iron Mask – designed for Prospecting Mode. This feature allows you to find desirable targets lying close to ferrous metals.
•Threshold tone for more accurate target ID interpretation.
•Two Pinpoint Modes: Auto and Sizing. With the new Sizing feature, the user gets valuable information on target characteristics including shape and size with variable tone and graphical indicator.
•Target ID stability – precise, solid responsiveness in high-trash areas enabling you to efficiently and effectively search sites with a high concentration of junk.
•Positive transflective LCD display providing a back light only in dim light conditions enabling better screen visibility in poor lighting whilst saving battery charge in well lit conditions.
•Depth indicators, update continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
You forgot to tell him how deep he can go under water with the705.:?:

LOL An AT pro is a real Machine only difference is you like Minelab apparently have owned Minelab as well and it or they are great detectors for sure Also own a Garrett and Tesoro machine they each have they place so go easy on us NoN Minelab owners LOL

not slamming Garrett but why spend an extra $100 for a waterproof detector if your not doing water hunts ... I'm sure it probably cost several $ to waterproof one. but If I wanted one in that price range and planned on doing water hunting I'd buy an ATP

You forgot to tell him how deep he can go under water with the705.:?:
Get the right tools for each job and life is a lot easier.

For what you paid for your new ATP, I bought a used (in box like new) 705 and a used Fisher 1280X.
So I can kick 'yer butt on land and drown 'yer ATP in the water. :laughing:

That said, what ZR2guy said is a real good idea. The 505, a ProPointer, and a Lesche would be a good combo that would come in under budget.

Picked

I think both detectors are great but I think I'm going with the Atpro. It's made in the USA... That's what made me decide:)

Back
Top Bottom