No digging and too hot but..

Gonebeeping

Elite Member
But at least I got permission on a new spot and a new machine! I spotted this place while visiting a client today in a small town about 45 min from me. It's not super old at 1929 but it was a elementary school and a boys academy, shut down in the 80s and is privately owned. I asked the client I was visiting today if he knew anything about it and he said "I'm actually good friends with the owner, here's his name and number, tell him I said to call". Called the guy and he was super nice and said that 50 people have probably called him about it in the last couple of years but I was welcome to hunt there! And I got my Xp Deus today, but it's just too miserable hot and humid to swing.
24bd8f73a8d449edb4ba9046755459a6.jpg
4e9c4bbce4c7bc8735818bac713b0f79.jpg
d379b6f03733350532712bd96bbbb139.jpg
63c0a0b6c2c2c9fdfcf00ffe83ae4074.jpg

Looks great. It's probably hunted out, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it's got some potential! Looking forward to what you find there! Congrats on the new machine and the permission.

Too hot and humid to detect AND you have a new Deus?

You watch your filthy mouth! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bahahahaha, that made me snort Gatorade. I'm not good thing that came out of spending 4 years in Iraq was it's never too hot to detect. If it isn't 110 I'm swinging. But I will take advantage of sites with giant trees to jump from shade to shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, its the humidity mostly, I just can't take it like I used to. I get a little concerned about killing grass too.

GB, I was just giving you a hard time.

This time of year, and especially with how dry its been, grass health is a serious issue. Ive even been running around with an extra couple of gallons of water just in case I catch a fringe signal at a grass line. I'm not above making mud pies for a good 90's signal.

We finally got some good rain last night !

And I just noticed that you grabbed the WS5 phones. Interesting choice. I look forward to your report.

I grabbed the WS4's and then ordered a pair of Vance's.

GB, I was just giving you a hard time.

This time of year, and especially with how dry its been, grass health is a serious issue. Ive even been running around with an extra couple of gallons of water just in case I catch a fringe signal at a grass line. I'm not above making mud pies for a good 90's signal.

We finally got some good rain last night !
Oh I know, the water is a pretty good idea I never thought of that.

Gone, nice looking permission!

If this place has enough acreage, you could keep this as a long term hunting site. No need in trying to empty it in two hours!

We've sure there is still silver under that turf.

nice permission. There is a old school for boys near me that closed down in 1970 but was operational from 1910 - 1970. anyhow the architecture looks a lot like that

I take a screw driver when messing up the turf is a concern.

If it is a school, your going to have a great hunt. You may try a screw driver and just do a quick glean to get a feel for what is there. Holes do help the grass grow but sometimes kill the grass. I try to dig straight down to minimize disturbing the roots at all. As for heat, take it a little at a time. I dont do cold, im the opposite of you. Heat, I love the heat.

Back
Top Bottom