Easy permission to a place I find gold at.

Glennz

Elite Member
Truth be told it is your local dump at the landfill.

Most yards have salvage signup. I haven't done that yet but I have made some great finds without walking through mounds.

3 weeks ago I found a 14k gold bracelet, 2 weeks ago I found a usable 8' ladder, good rubbermade table, and a box of old costume jewelry, last week I found a fake rolex (still better than any watch at wallmart). and this week I found an 8 carat gold piece with an amythest stud.

Lots of people throw out perfectly good usable things (i'm still waiting to find a carbon fiber bike or a fatbike)

I'd recommend that everyone should check their fill out at least once... Normally you just have to sign a liability release and wear a high visibility thing.

I'm sure others here do this as well but thought i'd share what I found while taking our trash out.

Have your tried "dumpster diving" yet? I know a guy that finds gold in dumpsters.

The only problem with that is that you are on private property and if a store doesn't want you doing that then you can be told never to go back to the store. I know that most companies now throw everything into compactors to destroy anything of value to prevent that.

But I can imagine if you can dumpster dive where a jewelry store is your bound to come up with a lot of broken jewelry if they have the mindset that most companies do.

This may be good advice for "dumpster diving", but there's no way you're going to employ this advice for md'ing. To detect at a dump is disastrous.

I can't imagine a dump giving you access around here or anywhere nearly, liability release or not. That's cool your buddy's done well!

Each town is different. Ours there is no food or hazardous trash in the pit.. only things like wood, metal and such which is why ours allows it. It is possibly that ours is different from most others but it is worth checking out

I used to get great stuff at the "exchange station" (renamed the dump) in my old little town in NH, chainsaws, lawnmowers, etc... If you had any ability at all you could get them running. They had different big containers for paper, misc junk, and electronics, you could take whatever you wanted...
Dumpster diving the law varies by state, in some states it is fine in others is is A FINE...

Back
Top Bottom