Percent of found kept?

Had to come back and post this....

Gut stops by my house this week and asks about deer hunting. I ask buck or doe? He says he is a meat hunter, can't eat antler. Wasn't going to let him hunt, told him if he shot a buck, I would take the antlers, he could keep the meat. He starts tap dancing, I tell him to get lost!

Each situation is different.

When I get permission on private property I explain those tv shows are not real. I also explain how excited I am to be hunting the property. If I find anything of interest then I tell the land owner. First hunts are usually your last hunts with private property. Your gonna dig mostly trash. You can bet the land owner is going to be watching so depends if you want to try and get away with the two pocket thing. I use that for parks as people are really greedy and you never show your finds at a park. A home owner I would gladly show what was found and hope I could get permission again. Is a few trinkets really worth not getting to hunt?

Anything of huge significant value I give over to the owner of the property rings etc. However when it comes to coins i typically pick over the good ones and give the owner what is left. I did all the work so I justify that as my reward

If the owner didn't ever detect the property the items would remain there indefinitely so to me, if you put in the work then you deserve the goods

That's the problem with our country ..we have the largest number of lawyers per capita in the world. Worthless bunch they are hate em all (as far as professionally)........and before anyone gets nasty my first born is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom