Finally Did it

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
After a few years of them laying around I finally took one of my unique finds to a place to have it sand blasted. After that it goes to a shop to have new fins installed and then for the pits to be filled in and it powder coated. Excited to have them done. Hopefully soon you will see the end result.

Still can't find a picture anywhere of what an original looked like. 1917 was a few years ago.

What is it?

Mark 1 WW1 practice bombs from 1917. They were attached to bi-wing Jenny airplanes and were the first bombs ever dropped out of a plane.

These are 100lb practice bombs found in a lake here in Michigan. I have also recovered two machine gun magazines from the same planes out of the same lake.

(I think they are a tad older than Mud)

That’s freaking sweet, make sure to share the finished pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heading to Utahn tomorrow for 10 days, Should be done when I come back. Well done sandblasted that is, Next stop will be smoothed and new fins.

I have been out on land but only have 11 silver dimes and 2 war nickels to show for it Maybe 30 wheat and two buffalo nickels. Water is much more fun.

Already have a call for a boat part that went swimming and will get that when I return. Should be an interesting summer.

Somebody should try harder to win the contest!! Get with the program everyone!

cool bombs and machine gun mag cant wait to see the finished product and by the way robert im winning contest tonite :yes::yes:

Attachments

• usafbombs.jpg
    usafbombs.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 424
Here's an instructional model of your Mark 1 Aerial beauty. It has a cutout to show the inside.

Attachments

• Mk1b-2.jpg
    Mk1b-2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Mk1b-3.jpg
    Mk1b-3.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 463
Great museum relics to add to the Scubadetector collection, congrats! Are those Lewis gun mags?

They will turn out nice, look forward to seeing the finished product

I have been looking for a witch doctor to have him or her put a spell on the lottery so that I can win the contest. But they all seem to go and hide when I mention the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom