I want to get "certified" as a metal detecting expert

Perry

Forum Supporter
I've seen this phrase used in several advertisements. There is even a guy on Craigslist declaring that he is certified. I was wondering how can I get certified? It sounds kind of impressive. Any ideas? Is this anything like bona fide? :?::D

I've seen this phrase used in several advertisements. There is even a guy on Craigslist declaring that he is certified. I was wondering how can I get certified? It sounds kind of impressive. Any ideas? Is this anything like bona fide? :?::D

He's full of it. Just say you're 'certified' and boom - you are. Write up a dinky little document of authenticity with some bogus signature. BAM - you're certified.

Seven pull tabs, three beer cans, screw top, 14 nails and some can slaw. Eighty seven cents in clad and two silver dimes. With detector. Bona fide............. certified and documented.

I heard the final test to become certified is to find the head of a needle in a one acre farm field... :lol:
I think like Bonesquat said its more or less a made up title..

Maybe just call yourself one, who can discredit you:lol: If you can find metal with a detector then you should be a metal detecting expert:D

lol, have you been swinging for at least a little while and know your machine and what it's telling you? are you finding good stuff along with the trash?
oh, wait a sec... i see you have a Garrett...... you're certified!!!! ;)

My wife has told me many times that I'm certifiable, but she didn't say in what! :lol:

Get a copy of printshop for your computer and print a certificate and BAM! you're a certified expert.

I would rather be knighted by King Totsalot!

It all makes good sense to me. I hope to be certified later today once I get around to printing that certificate. Maybe I'll become a dealer later this evening and who knows what tomorrow. Life is good.

And yes, please call me Mr. Cessna Dude from now on...

I did it! I passed my Field Certification tests. Yesterday I hunted in the rain for three hours and was covered in mud and soaked. Today I hunted for 2 hours in freezing temperatures and I have frostbite on my fingers. The field action tests are tough but it sure feels good to be a Certified Treasure Hunting Expert. Now I have to make up an official document. :lol::lol::lol:

Some of the sales people at the dealerships have received factory training making them certified......well, just certified!

Young need more then that special home made diploma though. You need to learn the secret handshake. If you don't know the handshake you can't be the real deal. You should also know the correct way to do the happy dance! :woohoo:

I did it! I passed my Field Certification tests. Yesterday I hunted in the rain for three hours and was covered in mud and soaked. Today I hunted for 2 hours in freezing temperatures and I have frostbite on my fingers. The field action tests are tough but it sure feels good to be a Certified Treasure Hunting Expert. Now I have to make up an official document. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, you passed the test! Congratulations! :grin:

Fellow Detectors: I know pronounce you all certified in the art of metal detecting with all the rights and privileges heretofore.

Congratulations!!!
:cool:

He's full of it. Just say you're 'certified' and boom - you are. Write up a dinky little document of authenticity with some bogus signature. BAM - you're certified.

I agree with Bonesquat. I never heard of anyone being certified in metal detecting. Maybe certified nuts!!! I was called a " Old Weirdo" over there digging things up. Birthday party for Elly's grandson the other grand mother told the young woman "its ok the Old Weirdo is with us".
M6 Mike

Back
Top Bottom