What type of vehicle...

TheCoilist

Elite Member
What type of vehicles do you guys drive... Believe it or not, I think my metal detecting obsession, borderline addiction is in part why I am bring up this question.

I am looking at getting a 2012 Kia Sportage... It's a crossover, but thought it's bigger than a car and smaller than a big truck or fullsize suv. It's not too bad.... it will hold my MD gear OR the family. LOL

Because I choose to...and I love it, my drive of choice is my 1988 Ford F-150 ex-cab pickup...baby blue and I call him Sue. Yes, that's right...a "Boy named Sue"... (who knows what that's from?)

Here's Sue (my pickup)...(& wife and son):

MD-Ride.jpg

Recently got a 2012 Jeep for my treasure-mobile. They finally put a good engine in them, almost 100 more HP and better mileage. Haven't really NEEDED it yet to get anywhere... But soon!

Curt: I dunno, the dog seems kind of small to ride on. But if it works for you...

I'm rolling in a 2009 Toyota Corolla, but due to some nice trade-in offers from the local dealership, I'm seriously contemplating trading up for a 2012 Rav4. Much roomier for my 6'2" body, and four wheel drive will help (marginally) when the roads get sketchy here.

Yeah I wish I could afford the gas for a beast of a truck, but with getting married and the whole family thing coming into play, having to go for a more family type car. Looking for all around versatility.

Those with smaller vehicles I am assuming you take your detectors apart to fit??

Yeah I wish I could afford the gas for a beast of a truck, but with getting married and the whole family thing coming into play, having to go for a more family type car. Looking for all around versatility.

Those with smaller vehicles I am assuming you take your detectors apart to fit??

Nope, not me.

I usually have at least 3 assembled in the trunk of my
little Mitsubishi,

uses2.jpg

I Alternate between a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and a 2007 GMC Yukon.

Have to have enough room for a family of five!

Thanks,

I needed that, :)

Looks very similar to my 2000 honda civic. same color too, just not capable of being a good all terrain vehicle for detecting. id be almost tempted to roll it in the river next time im down there. lol

I've got a 2001 nissan four door frontier, v6, loves gas... I'm considering going to something smaller, maybe a honda crv or a toyota rav 4 or something similar in size to those.... My issue is that 95% of my driving is in the city, but i do like to get out to some abandoned ranches now and again....

I've got a 2001 nissan four door frontier, v6, loves gas... I'm considering going to something smaller, maybe a honda crv or a toyota rav 4 or something similar in size to those.... My issue is that 95% of my driving is in the city, but i do like to get out to some abandoned ranches now and again....

Can you guys get the Mahindra trucks down there? Small little diesel pickups that get great mileage.

Attachments

• mahinra_pickup.jpg
    mahinra_pickup.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 528
I love "MeLade". This is my baby. My '06 Escalade. This is the most recent picture I have on file from the blizzard last December.

Attachments

• DSC_0110.JPG
    DSC_0110.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 514

Kia Sportage is same class/size as the CRV and gets better MPG, even comes in an AWD option.

Back
Top Bottom