Found 1899 Smith & Wesson and possibly a tibia next to it?

mazzy

I found an 1899 Smith & Wesson with a bone next to it. Because of time, I will post pics of the gun later. Can anyone tell me if this is a human tibia? I just need to know if this bone is human! Both were found in a ravine between 2 train stations. Can anyone tell me if the markings are animal gnaw marks, or initials carved into the bone? BTW, the gun has 9 notches carved into the grip. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,282
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 2,279
  • IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,269
  • IMG_2029.jpg
    IMG_2029.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,258
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,269
  • IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,261
You didnt do anything I just see you have one post and its about a human bone lol most of the time (not in your case) these people are faking it. I am with Rudy take it to the Coroner

Wow! I'm not a CSI cast member, but those marks remind me of my dogs gnawing on a t-bone! Definitely human... Kinda creepy ;)

Neat find...

Honestly no offense Mazzy but most people sign on and introduce themselves and give a little background about where they are from, their metal detecting experience, and the equipment they use before they lay a human bone and firearm post on us. No one is being rude here. Everyone that shares the joy of our hobby is welcomed so long as they follow a few common sense rules. Hope you chime back in and clarify. And by all means contact the authorities when you find a combination of what you believe to be human remains and firearms and disturb them as little as possible. Hope to here from you soon. Sonny.

I found an 1899 Smith & Wesson with a bone next to it. Because of time, I will post pics of the gun later. Can anyone tell me if this is a human tibia? I just need to know if this bone is human! Both were found in a ravine between 2 train stations. Can anyone tell me if the markings are animal gnaw marks, or initials carved into the bone? BTW, the gun has 9 notches carved into the grip. Thanks so much!!

So you had enough time to post 6 pics of the bone, but not enough time to post 1 pic of the gun w/ 9 notches carved in the handle? I have my doubts.
I wanna see the gun.

the tibia is mine!

I was wondering why it's been so hard dueling with my smith wesson.

I figured it was just heavier than the one I lost.

Wow!! I'm so very sorry for not taking the time to introduce myself, and offending so many people in the process! My story is absolutely NOT fake. The reason I posted pics of the bone and not the gun is because I freaked when I began to realize that the bone might be human and not from a deer like I originally thought. And also, the gun is loaded, and I wanted to make sure I'm alone when I handle it.
And I have talked to someone in law enforcement about the gun. He said there's not a law in Texas that requires me to report a buried gun. I told him about the bone, and he agreed that it was probably a deer. (He didn't see it....we talked on the phone.)

So here is your proof.

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpg
    IMG_2053.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,137
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2,144
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 2,137
  • IMG_2055.JPG
    IMG_2055.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 2,165
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2,138
Ok Mazzy you have to see where we are all coming from bud, there are tons of people that get on here and post fake random junk on the forum and then leave us hanging wondering if it's real or not. You just happen to post the most bizzare thing ever as you r first post so you cant blame us for being skeptical......sorry if I offended you

Sorry, y'all made me feel very foolish, but it's no excuse for me to leave a rude comment.

Back
Top Bottom