First MD to swing?

Devildog2345

Hi all. I'm looking to get started in the hobby and have been doing research all day. I'm looking for a good starting MD for around 300 bucks. I would be mainly on the beach and in some local parks. Not looking to go in the water just mainly dry sand. I've read that the Ace 250 would fit the bill for a good all around MD to start with. Any other suggestions? Also is Kellyco a good site to order from?

Yeah, an Ace would be great for where you are wanting to hunt.

Kellyco is one of the forum sponsors. if you order from them be sure to mention you're a Friendly Metal Detecting Forum member. Always helps to have connections. ;)

Tesoro would be a great brand too, and you wouldn't necessarily feel the need in 6mo to upgrade to a better machine. Look for a used Tesoro--WELL worth the money!

Where is a good place to find used ones? ebay? I live in the middle of nowhere fancy so not sure there are any shops near.

I just ordered my first MD: Tesoro Cibola.

Got it from Colonial Metal Detectors. $340 + free shipping. :D

BEst places to look are ebay and craigslist. Try www.craiglook.com for a global search engine of craigslist. Just eliminate your zipcode from the search and type in 'metal detector' and look.

MW.

BTW, Cibola is a great machine!

Where is a good place to find used ones? ebay? I live in the middle of nowhere fancy so not sure there are any shops near.
Check out the classified section on this & other forums. I have got about 99% of all the detectors I have had from there and never a problem (knock on wood).

Back
Top Bottom