First cool find with my new ATP

Moe Money

Just got my new AT Pro on Tuesday and haven't had much time to use it so far. My brother was in an accident and shattered his hip socket, so I went to his house to help him recover once out of the hospital. He has a 30 acre farm that is close to 200 years old. Decided to bring my new detector along and went out for a bit after dark last night in his front yard. He told me that the original house/cabin sat out there. Dug a couple of wheat pennies, a horseshoe, and pieces of an old lantern. Then hit this nice 1865 Indian about 8" deep. I will be going back tomorrow and you can bet I will be out hunting some more. Loving my new machine and am looking forward to many more cool finds.

Attachments

• treasures37.jpg
    treasures37.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,057
  • treasures35.jpg
    treasures35.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,023
  • treasures36.jpg
    treasures36.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,013
Thanks J Walker! My brother is a metal detecting enthusiast from way back and is responsible for getting me into it when we were young. When he bought his land 12 years ago, he was excited about metal detecting. Hunting deer has taken precedence on his priority list. He has an old hip mount Whites and hasn't ran it much there to my surprise. His farm is out in the country close to Zoar, Ohio which was founded in 1818 I believe. It's a historical tourist town with plaques in front of the buildings showing when they were built. Tour guides dress in colonial garb and they lead groups around. I told my brother that I would almost hate to find a killer gold coin or something on his home turf, but he is encouraging me to have at it. Looking forward to it very much.

Very nice! What a difference in machines huh? Not knocking the other one but it makes things at least a little easier. Congrats and I look forward to seeing what comes out of your brothers property!

Wow, that's a really sharp indian!!

Congrats!

Now, get back to your own yard and get all those rings you missed.. Chop chop!

<°)))>{

TY Jeff! The Whites Classic ID is great for a turn on and go machine. The ATP is a nice upgrade and will take me a little time to get used to. So far I love it! Must have watched 5 hours of YouTube videos on settings and the ins and outs of operation. I was hunting last night in pro mode zero with the iron at 30 and sens maxed with very little chatter. This penny rang up great at close to 8" judging by the depth of my Fiskar digging tool. Not too shabby.

Ice- These last 2 rings I found made me think that some little kid dumped a jewelry box or purse out there or something. They were small and cheap. Also finding lipstick tubes and hair clips etc. 9 rings and 5 earrings out of a 20 ft area is not normal. ;) Still I will take it all day long. Hopefully there are a few more good ones mixed in out there. I cherry picked it pretty well with my other detector and have resorted to digging all the iffy signals and finding lots of trash. Mainly foil milk bottle lids and hair clips. Waiting for some rain to be able to dig this concrete I have for a yard.

That's about the best condition IH I've seen come out the ground of that age! Congrat's on that and I can't wait to see what else you find.

TY Swingy and Junk. I can't wait to hit his land when I have some real time to spend there. His yard is gigantic. IH's are somewhat common to some of the heavy hitters but not to me. Thrilled to have found it, especially in this condition.

Wow!!! That IH is in fantastic shape!! I wish the indians I pulled out were in that shape.

Here's hoping a speedy recovery to your brother! Great looking early Indian! Looking forward to more finds!:popcorn2:

Really appreciate the nice comments and also well wishes from 6000. He is actually begging me to go hunt and show him what I'm finding.
It has rained non stop here for 24 hours and it was well needed. Heading back to his house tomorrow and will post my findings in a new thread. I can't help but be a bit excited about hitting an old yard where I found a 1865 IH. It's a big yard on a very old farm and would take an awful long time to even think about it being hunted out.

Hunted my brothers farm for a bit this afternoon. The very first target I dug was this nice 3 ringer. I've never found one of these so it was kinda cool. Hit a couple more wheaties and some clad after that with a few odds and ends.
Then I went home this eve. and pulled 2 more rings out back in my yard. That makes 11 rings now! The one with the M is sterling and the other appears to be gold filled. Planning on hitting my brothers place again tomorrow and should have more time. I will post my finds.

Attachments

• treasures38.jpg
    treasures38.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,727
  • treasures40.jpg
    treasures40.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,715
  • treasures39.jpg
    treasures39.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,703
Awesome man, I knew that ATP would sniff out some more rings!

A three ringer, and the other two makes 5 more rings..:D

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom