Guys who carry CCW

CoiltoSoil

Elite Member
Can anyone recommend something small, and budget friendly to carry when detecting?

How small and what budget? It would be better to buy high quality used rather than budget priced new in my opinion. There are lots of options, and opinions. Personally I prefer companies that are common names among sportsman. I don't mind plastic parts, but I want metal for the moving parts.

WOW..has me worried...I never think of someone taking me on...but thinking about it they'd have to be mad..im not exactly a thin man or small or temperate appearance

WOW..has me worried...I never think of someone taking me on...but thinking about it they'd have to be mad..im not exactly a thin man or small or temperate appearance

You versus a 45 in your face with a crack head behind the trigger....45 ftw :(

I'd like to keep it around 300-350. I want a semi auto. Right now I use a model 66 S&W with 2.5 barrel which was my dad's undercover/stakeout gun in the 80's and 90's. It's a great gun, but I'd like something smaller and lighter. I also have a Ballister Molina .45 1911 clone, but it's much too big.

I'd like to keep it around 300-350. I want a semi auto. Right now I use a model 66 S&W with 2.5 barrel which was my dad's undercover/stakeout gun in the 80's and 90's. It's a great gun, but I'd like something smaller and lighter. I also have a Ballister Molina .45 1911 clone, but it's much too big.

Carry a small revolver. Semi auto looks cool. But when you get them dirty you got to make sure the one round you get off works before it jambs. I can carry my stainless American arms revolver in my nail apron pouch and not worry about salt environment too much:yes:

Might deter a gang of kids, but just about all criminals here use guns, and they don't care if you're 6'5 300lbs, you're going down with a gunshot, and they have no quarrels about pulling the trigger, even for stupid reason like bicycles, sneakers, or for looking at them the wrong way. We've had 50 shootings at playgrounds within the past year alone. If anything being larger just makes them more prone to shooting first, and taking your stuff, rather than asking. I don't expect to ever need a gun, but it makes me feel safer when detecting alone, and that's good enough for me.

Depends on the neighborhood. You must have a choice, and with a permit to carry. Now for the piece. [just one needed, and know how to use it]25 auto, 22 mag, 32 auto, 380, 9mm, 357, and a 6" bayonet, a long screwdriver, and a shovel. Now, what more do you need? How mad/bad can you get in a time of need? Just be safe.:no::shock:

Might deter a gang of kids, but just about all criminals here use guns, and they don't care if you're 6'5 300lbs, you're going down with a gunshot, and they have no quarrels about pulling the trigger, even for stupid reason like bicycles, sneakers, or for looking at them the wrong way. We've had 50 shootings at playgrounds within the past year alone. If anything being larger just makes them more prone to shooting first, and taking your stuff, rather than asking. I don't expect to ever need a gun, but it makes me feel safer when detecting alone, and that's good enough for me.

Yeah the young stupid ones is the ones you have to watch out for. Had a group between me and my truck once. One kid was cursing and said he'd steal my truck if he felt like it. he didn't know he had a pistol pointing at his chest when he was bumping his lips:lol:

Carry a small revolver. Semi auto looks cool. But when you get them dirty you got to make sure the one round you get off works before it jambs. I can carry my stainless American arms revolver in my nail apron pouch and not worry about salt environment too much:yes:

I was thinking that, which is why I like the S&W model 66, its stainless, and should be less effected by dirt than the semi's, it's just a little big for ccw. Good idea carrying it in the nail pouch. :D

G19, agency trade in. Used colt combat commander.... 38 super :). If you're getting the gun that dirty, won't matter if it is a pistol or revolver IMO.

Yeah the young stupid ones is the ones you have to watch out for. Had a group between me and my truck once. One kid was cursing and said he'd steal my truck if he felt like it. he didn't know he had a pistol pointing at his chest when he was bumping his lips:lol:

Yeah, I hear you. A 14 year old kid walked into my friends store, which his uncle was running at the time, instantly shot his uncle in the head without even saying a word, took the cash, and left like it was nothing. They're unpredictable, and most are armed with illegal guns. Chance are if someones going to rob you they have a gun, or a knife at the very least. Having a gun doesn't mean absolute protection, but if it makes me feel safer when detecting, then I'm all for it.

Thanks guys, I wrote down all the models suggested, I'll check them out at the store and see which feels best. I was leaning towards the Spingfield XDS, my buddy has one, but his is .45, I was looking more for 9mm, I want something I can take to the range and have fun with, and the .45 is like $28 a box nowadays. We get 7.62 for cheaper than .45 here.

I carry my Glock 19 but if you want something small with a good punch the NAA 22magnum will be nice and very fatal. I inserted very fatal because once the bullet hits a bone it has the pinball machine effect in the body.

naa_mini_22mag_158.jpg

this reminds me of a bumper sticker i saw just yesterday: "Fight crime, Shoot Back!". of course here on this side of the border, only the cops and the criminals are allowed to carry. even having the replica CO2 airguns can mean trouble, we had a couple of arrests locally in the past few weeks for people waving them around.
back on topic, personally i would likely have a Beretta of some sort on me if i could, probably the 92FS or the PX4 Storm.

Back
Top Bottom