Rarest Militia Button of All

Elite Member
Hello Awhile ago I found this button and I have been in contact with the top military button experts in the country, and agree that it is military. The back mark is unknown and this seems to be the only one. Militia were privately funded and some Militia were not large in numbers and their uniforms made specially for their group which makes it hard to locate which militia it came from seeing it was made in such small numbers. I had posted this button before on AD forum but had the thread removed because of forum historians calling it a civilian jacksonian button (Easy ID on maker) thinking that they were more knowledgeable than the experts. I hope you can appreciate this as I do. Good luck and HH 401K

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2,379
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,703
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,710
Scott have you had your prescription glasses checked lately? seriously? that is not even close to the button thats in the Tice book :no:
What you dug IS a jacksonion button and not even military.
I'd like to know who these top experts are.type some names for us.
why don't you write to William Leigh and tell him what you just wrote.he'd laugh at ya seriously.c'mon man look at both buttons a few more times if need be.
you really believe you have an identical button don't ya?:laughing:

Attachments

• scotts button a.jpg
    scotts button a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,291
  • scotts button1.jpg
    scotts button1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,233
Last edited:
Scott have you had your prescription glasses checked lately? seriously? that is not even close to the button thats in the Tice book :no:
What you dug IS a jacksonion button and not even military.
I'd like to know who these top experts are.type some names for us.
why don't you write to William Leigh and tell him what you just wrote.he'd laugh at ya seriously.c'mon man look at both buttons a few more times if need be.
you really believe you have an identical button don't ya?:laughing:
you should learn how to read or have someone read to ya what I wrote saying that it's the only one. Not like the one in tices. And you should somehow ( legally-honestly) get tices and alberts book. Ya don't need "stars" to be military.Oh ya you need glasses because there is a shield.

Attachments

• email.jpg
    email.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,111
I am not jumping on his finds. He always makes something out to be what it's not.just like his horses gag loop that he wants to believe is some revolutionary war sword hanger. In the long run he's mis-educating all you guys who want to learn what stuff really is.notice how he blacks out the responder in his letter.write to William Leigh and he will tell you what you dug.below is what you found scott.there are many styles & variations of JACKSONIAN buttons.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jac...AFNauyASvgILYDQ&ved=0CHMQsAQ&biw=1271&bih=871

and scott...where in that letter does it say that you have found the rarest militia button of all time? the guy uses the word seems & appears cuz he is clueless.he specifies that he does not know what it is..yet you come up with this some fantasy that you have a one of a kind militia button :?:

jacksonian buttons are not all that rare Jay
you said it not that rare made by the thousands not the only one. You are no expert, have someone read to ya my email from an expert. Ya should check out your own link and see where the eagle is looking,those could be diplomatic buttons. Also have someone read what the Philadelphia Archaeological Forum has to say about them

you said it not that rare made by the thousands not the only one. You are no expert, have someone read to ya my email from an expert.

did i say they were made by the 1,000's? no i didn't. where did i type that? i said "jacksonian buttons are not all that rare" not common but not rare.you really do need glasses :cool:

you said it not that rare made by the thousands not the only one. You are no expert, have someone read to ya my email from an expert.
your "so called" expert has no clue what you have.obviously he's no expert if he doesn't know what a Jacksonian button is.

It's not "the rarest militia button of all" simply put. Not trying to add flame to the fire or anything.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

you said it not that rare made by the thousands not the only one. You are no expert, have someone read to ya my email from an expert. Ya should check out your own link and see where the eagle is looking,those could be diplomatic buttons. Also have someone read what the Philadelphia Archaeological Forum has to say about them
Again HMN wants to trash a rare find with repops on ebay or he should read what is on the links.I'll hope that you people out here will understand that HMN in no expert.

i'm not attacking him,he's done this before.he should do his research and know what he has before making such a post.he claims to have 50 years under his belt detecting.i apologize about the eye glass thing but Scott this is a jacksonian button.I don't claim to know everything but I do know that this is not a one of a kind militia button.
I will forward your pics to William Leigh who is a expert and get back to you with his reply.have a great day

i'm not attacking him,he's done this before.he should do his research and know what he has before making such a post.he claims to have 50 years under his belt detecting.i apologize about the eye glass thing but Scott this is a jacksonian button.I don't claim to know everything but I do know that this is not a one of a kind militia button.
I will forward your pics to William Leigh who is a expert and get back to you with his reply.have a great day
No thanks. I will and have done what I feel is good enough for seeking military button experts. This is my button and if you can prove that there is one exactly like this one than you could prove there are more, not copies like they copy GWs, back up what you say.

No thanks. I will and have done what I feel is good enough for seeking military button experts. This is my button and if you can prove that there is one exactly like this one than you could prove there are more, not copies like they copy GWs, back up what you say.

The guy is willing to have it verified and remove any doubt and you say no thanks? That right there tells me you're not even sure what you have. Also, your expert flat out said he doesn't know what it is. Time for another opinion. Also, Dave is one of the most well versed people on this forum when it comes to all things buttons, colonial, etc. You ever hear the saying "don't shoot the messenger" The way you are going about this makes me think you're one of those people who checks the weather, sees it's gonna rain, then goes to 20 different weather websites trying to find one that says it's gonna be sunny b/c you don't wanna hear it's gonna rain.

This is my button and if you can prove that there is one exactly like this one than you could prove there are more, not copies like they copy GWs, back up what you say.

Here is one just like it , can't be all that rare . I found it a few years ago , Its a Jacksonian button .

Attachments

• jacksonian button 1.1.JPG
    jacksonian button 1.1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,971
I just posted it here , why its not good enough for you ??
No Not from YOU. looks like one of my old pictures just photoshoped. seeing you can take pictures lets see the back.... Here is one of the surfaces that I use for pictures. you'll find this surface in some threads. a little tint wala

Attachments

• BRASS TRASH.jpg
    BRASS TRASH.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,954
Differing opinions on what an item may be is fine, but please keep personal attacks out of replies. Also, please stay on subject and do not drift into other issues.

Back
Top Bottom