nice cut!!

007tallguy

Elite Member
a cut in the sand, that is. ;)

before hitting the dirt today, i thought i'd try my hand at some beach hunting.
i didn't expect to see this huge cut in this beach! what you're seeing in the pics is a small fresh water stream that flows out through the beach (and my Ace 250 posing in the pics for a size indication, lol)
not expecting to need boots today, i couldn't search quite as much of this area as i wanted to, but where all the little rocks are in the stream is where i found over $3 in clad!
some of the coins i found are from the early 70's and others were in bad enough shape i couldn't tell what they were, other than to say copper penny's. oddly enough, i only found 1 pulltab, 1 bottle cap and 2 nails, but absolutely no other trash! and no jewelry either. :no:
i was able to hunt with no discrimination and at 7 and 8 sensitivity and with no falsing at all. of course when i got close to the edge of the salt water, the machine would go crazy at those settings. :roll:
i'll have to hit this area again after a major storm since this cut is sure to change shape and maybe some gold or silver will show up next time. ;)
the worst part is this beach is a bit out of the way and we just don't have the population here to go there and lose stuff. :(
on the bright side, i had the beach all to myself for close to 4 hours today! :D :lol:

Pete

Attachments

• IMAG0644.jpg
    IMAG0644.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 509
  • IMAG0643.jpg
    IMAG0643.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 493
  • IMAG0646.jpg
    IMAG0646.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 517
I like that rocky area exposed!! Nice pic's !! Thanks for sharing..joe

Hammer that spot before it gets covered up again...

haha! that spot changes twice a day with the tides! but due to the brook flowing, it ALWAYS returns! and with a slightly new shape every time! :D

i hammered it for close to 4 hours today. i'll have to bring boots (or sandals) with me the next time i'm there.
just for an idea of how many people go there, on a really busy hot summer weekend, there might be a maximum of 3 or 4 hundred people... tops! not quite like the thousands on the beaches down your way. :(
on the bright side, the handful of coins i did find today tells me that there probably isn't anyone else detecting there! gee, a couple were even surface finds! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom