Got These Today...

Are you kidding me???????????? :shock: The coppers are King George the 3rd Pennies or Half Pennies - the gold coins I'll have to look into - I have seen them before... quite old, to say the least... If they are real I would imagine they are definitely valuable... I hope you searched that area well... This is a shoe-in for 'Eye Popping Finds'.... Really quite incredible... wow.

I just got permission late this afternoon to hunt the property so I had about an hour and a half to hunt. I have a lot more area to cover.

There is a lot of mid 1700's to mid 1800's history in a small area. I went there a couple weeks ago but the property was posted. I tracked down the owner for permission.

WAs?

Was there a coin store in those woods? Most coppers in the Tri state area are toasted when found. Coppers in that condition and gold coins, Dude are you serious? :dontthinkso:

Those golds are Celtic. They date from before and after Christ. Their native habitat is Britain.

My only question: Can I borrow your Mojo?

Unnnnnghhhhh......speechless. Don't know if it's the drool or the awe, but HOLY COW! .........um, nice finds. :clap:

Those golds are Celtic. They date from before and after Christ. Their native habitat is Britain.

My only question: Can I borrow your Mojo?

It's not mojo. I spent countless hours reading the history of the area, overlaying historic maps on google earth and more to find that place. I spent more time doing the research than I did with the MD! That will change and I will surely find more.

I searched celtic coins. Celtic coins are larger and heavier than what I found. About 2/3's smaller.

Someone must've robbed a house and dumped those in the woods recently...Very recently, because dug coppers don't look like that in the Northeast, and those gold coins are on the wrong side of the Atlantic:lol:...I need a shovel, 'cause the shiz is getting thick in here:laughing:...

Some of the history of the area...

This area is one of the favorite landing places for British Raiding Parties During the Revolution and War of 1812.

Yeah, my first thought was Celtic too, but I haven't been able to find any matches online... These coins must have a very interesting story (especially the golds) because there's no reason they should be there. If they are real, they WAY pre-date any British activity in the US. The KGIII's are not out of place, but the quantity and quality of them is incredible. How many square feet were there coins found in? Were the gold pieces all together?

that must be the best soil on the planet cause every halfpenny i've ever dug looked like toast

I believed it until I saw gold...

The copper coins Goes4Ever digs look that good, so there is some very mild soil here in the states. Gold coins? I am not so sure.... Unless you live in Nevada

So you're a good enough researcher to find ancient gold in NJ, but yet you can't ID your George III halfpennies? :yes:

I know what all of it is, but I'll leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom