Key date or no key date..

Hope you don't mind ...I pulled some good photos off the web of a 1922 and a 1924, then did an overlay with your penny.

Note the location in plane of the horizontal bar of the "4" and the horizontal base of the "2." In the 1924, the bars are out of plane. The "4" is definitely not dropped down into a lower position, as is the phantom "4" on your penny. In the 1922, they are almost in an identical plane, with the second "2" slightly elevated.

IMHO, you are in possession of a 1922. Congrats.

penny-comparison.jpg

Sorry all I didn't realize so many were waiting, I got side tracked & haven't sent it in yet.. I know bad me..:(

Cool !!

Clearly it's a 1924 in all angles.. for those who said 1922 heres a better illusion then what your trying too see :lol:

Is it one of the Allman brothers ?:lol: The original picture sure looks like 1924. I'm changing my mind.......I see the 22 now and in the original picture.
Marty

Last edited:
Since I don't have a membership to send it in & get it graded how about I just sell it to one of you that has a membership to a grading company then you can send it in...;)

700 to 800 hundred if it was certified. 30 to 40 if its a weak d. Worthless if 1924 just going by the book though

If you have a coin dealer around ask him if he will send it in for you and pay him the fee, that's what I do, but I trust my guy, so that might have some bearing. Or wait for a coinshow in your area and take it with you, ignore the "book" price it will just make you think it's worth more than you will get, if you get 70% of book in the right grade you should be happy.

So to sum this up... 1922 D $10.00 / 1922 "weak D" $35.00 - $50.00 / 1922 "plain D" $300.00 - $1,000. good luck i bet it's a 22..you can call this guy and talk to him brian kathenes 1-800-323-5996 he may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom